Sign in to follow this  
ryan_16v

Running Probs KR..??

So i dont know what to say: Today the C had problems it would cut out when it should be idling, ie take my foot off the excellerator cuts out re-start foot on the gas fine take foot off cuts out. :mad2: Then as if by magic its fine again as if no problems. :shrug: Gonna find out tomorrow if its gonna do it again.???

Ideas.??

Did you string them together with a + in front of each one..? Search is a bit annoying alas but it works a thousand times better with the +'s in there... so something like:

+16v +idle

or

+KR +cut +out

Hope that helps :)

I'd be checking for air leaks and cleaning out the ISV as my first port of call.. I'm assuming it pulls fine once driving with no hesitancy or stuttering through the revs?

I'd be checking for air leaks and cleaning out the ISV as my first port of call.. I'm assuming it pulls fine once driving with no hesitancy or stuttering through the revs?

Couldn't see/hear any air leaks, and gonna clean the isv tomorrow, couldn,t do much with a torch in the dark and chucking down with rain.

cheers

Couldn't see/hear any air leaks, and gonna clean the isv tomorrow, couldn,t do much with a torch in the dark and chucking down with rain.

cheers

see told you to buy a vr6 :lol:woops er i mean check the ISV :D

cheers

see told you to buy a vr6 :lol:woops er i mean check the ISV :D

Very funny, but i like getting 400 miles out of a tank of fuel. (when its running right) :norty:

Very funny, but i like getting 400 miles out of a tank of fuel. (when its running right) :norty:

haha did you forget to post on here what you did last sunday for half the day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and have you cleaned the isv yet

haha did you forget to post on here what you did last sunday for half the day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and have you cleaned the isv yet

What you mean 5 hours waiting for the AA to fix the car after breaking down on the M3. Turned out to be a static build up in the fuel pump relay ( he just unpluged it and back in again ).?? Anyone else heard of this.? The C just died it would turn over but wouldn't start.??

It has just stopped raining so going out now to clean it.

is it happening when cold? hot? after lying for a couple of hours + hot?

how much time keeps doing this until it works fine?

You should try to give us as much info as possible so we can try to help you :)

is it happening when cold? hot? after lying for a couple of hours + hot?

how much time keeps doing this until it works fine?

You should try to give us as much info as possible so we can try to help you :)

It started yesterday after about 1 hours drive and continued to so for about 3hrs. Started up today as if nothing was wrong.? Just cleaned out the isv but tbh is wasn't that bad.??

I suppose i will have to wait and see if it does it again, hope not as it was a right pain in the arse.!

intermittant problems :nuts:

Ive had various scirocco's, mk2 golf's and even a 944 s2 and none of these have so many nigley problems. :censored:

intermittant problems :nuts:

Ive had various scirocco's, mk2 golf's and even a 944 s2 and none of these have so many nigley problems. :censored:

that's cause they aren't corrados :lol:

I've had 3 Corrado's and none have had such niggly problems! I think you're just unlucky!