Sign in to follow this  
Bullfinch

What colour brake calipers?

A trip to DG awaits in a couple of weeks for some decent brakes to replace the standard 280mm ones. The new set up is 288mm OEM VW discs, red stuff brake pads, new brake lines and of course the all important brake calipers.

All very simple so far....the big question is what colour should the calipers be. They will get painted with high temp polymer paint and my choices are red, silver, green, blue, black or zinc passivate?

Any photos you have will be great...even better if the calipers are with 15" Solitudes.

Black!

I used just regular old Smoothrite on my 288 calipers and they looked great and the finish lasted and withstood the heat no probs :D

My soon to be fitted new calipers are silver from Porsche. Originally I wanted to redo them red but now I've gone off that idea as red is everywhere!

Silver looks quite subtle, well as subtle as big brakes can! So I would say any colour but red. Oh and silver, so there's fewer about! Haha.