Sign in to follow this  
flip_corrado

no flow though windscreen vents

hi my corrado duz not let out air though the windscreens vents.. i have checked the cables in the centre behind the controls and they r good..what esle can it b.. and how do i get to it??? help!!1

what do you mean by the cables are good? I ask because my cables were not broken but one of the cogs was, meaning the cables weren't pushed/pulled in the right way to open the windscreen vents. Also, what heater controls do you have? Early sliders or late style dials?

Tired old blower motor? I had the same problem as you. Replaced with a new motor from VW (£65), and what a difference.

The screen blower is now strong enough to demist the rear screen!

i have opened the front piece of dash and checked the cables running to a flap...when turinin the slidiers the mechanism attached to the cable turns...still no air to the windscreen vents... i have the early sldiers and my blower motor is strong.....

what do you mean by the cables are good? I ask because my cables were not broken but one of the cogs was, meaning the cables weren't pushed/pulled in the right way to open the windscreen vents. Also, what heater controls do you have? Early sliders or late style dials?

I have this problem at the mo. Did you manage to change the cog that was broken?

Is the cable attached on the other end? If they are connected to the front cog and that is causing the metal wire inside the cable to been pulled through and returned then its either snapped or not attached to the other end. I am no expert on early models but do they have two wires like the lates? if so you might want to check that you are looking at the right one :)

I have this problem at the mo. Did you manage to change the cog that was broken?
Nope. I saw that the bottom cable didn't move when turning the dial from bottom left up to top right (windscreen). Bottom cog was broken and the cause of this. I just kept the dial on 'windscreen' and manually pushed the cable to the position it should have been in to open the vents and refitted everything. Never moved the dial since as it will not engage the windscreen vents when turned back due to the broken cog. Basically now I have windscreen vents open whenever the blowers are on which is mainly what I use them for anyway. Will look at replacing the dial unit or individual cog when its a bit warmer.

thanks all...the cable was gud..but the cog for the windscreen (located furtest away) was broken. i just turned it around and now air is flowing out the drivers side windscreen.... :D however the pansenger side windscreen still not letting thruoghh air..