Sign in to follow this  
fendervg

Part number for loom connector

I think that one is only for later cars - I'm thinking more of something along these lines:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Komfortblinker-PlugP ... 439bd3b391

If you have a look at the picture, the two plug connectors at the top are what I'm looking for - it needs to be wired into the existing indicator wires, but I hate cutting into the original loom if I can avoid it, so if I can get hold of a female and male socket, it would just be plug and play - one male connector into block T on the central electrics, and the female to the original loom.

Silly question, but why would you want this?

If I saw someone ahead on a d/carridge way indicate 3 times then stop I'd assume they've changed their minds... :gag:

Much safer to keep indicating till you're out in the lane you want to go to...

Had this on a corsa we hired in Denmark, and it's BLOODY annoying too! :brickwall:

Very handy on the oodles of roundabouts we have over here - for a motorway lane change I would use a full indicator anyway.

Update: I got this installed the other day - rather than cutting the left and right signal wires, I used a posi-tap connector to link it up. Much nicer than a scotch-lock. They also have inline fuse holders of the same design that helped sort out a loose alarm power feed. The comfort blinkers work a treat !

Now for a lights on buzzer (planning on using the MkIII buzzer relay), headlight range adjustment and cruise control retrofit.

Silly question, but why would you want this?

If I saw someone ahead on a d/carridge way indicate 3 times then stop I'd assume they've changed their minds... :gag:

Much safer to keep indicating till you're out in the lane you want to go to...

Had this on a corsa we hired in Denmark, and it's BLOODY annoying too! :brickwall:

I must admit I was tempted by doing this ever since driving the new Scirocco and know that VW did a retro fit kit for older cars...

I hear what you're saying above but this is a feature that most new cars have and I think it's easy enough to get used to - me and Jim certainly did in the Rocco.