Sign in to follow this  
BadboyVWautomobile

Corrado Storm Resurection project - newbie

I have always wanted a Corrado since i was a kid, especially a Storm... So 4 months ago i decided to get one, I had a tight budget and saw one going far to cheap on ebay, I knew it need work, but i was in for a shock when i found out how much... Anyway long story short, its cost me about 4grand so far(that includes 2.5k for the car) and now the engine needs replacing as the number 2 piston has gone ( i really dont know much/anything about engines etc) - So now i have found a 2nd hand engine from a guy in batch on ebay (who recommended i come on here) which will be installed soon i hope.

So total spend so far will be £4400 it also needs an imobaliser, Tax and a sound system!

The outside is pretty neat apart from the wheel arches which are a bit sketchy.

My questions are if anyone has even read this far do you think its worth me spending extra on fixing up the outside of the car aswell eg will it add value to the car or just look better, i know the storms are rare: 140 of each colour and 10 of each in automatic - so i feel like i am resurrecting a future classic corrado, but after all this work, will it always just be a rough one?

Also does anyone know anyone that wants a Corrado VR6 2.9 engine with a gone number 2 piston

:help:

do what most people do n drive it n enjoy it .do bits n pieces to it as n when you can afford it i drove my vr for two n a half years before i took it off the road ,shes headin for the spray shop in about two weeks.best to spend your dough on bits the c needs rather than a sound system :)