Sign in to follow this  
jack-gtir

yet another steering thread

ive been reading loads of old threats and have just extended my list of things that could be the problem

steering was really loose and sloppy on my rado when i bought it so i replaced the 2 front wishbones with lower ball joints and topmounts

it rides better over bumps in the sense that theses no banging or knocking sensation , but i seem to have brought bigger problem(s) to light ...

on the passangers side when i ride over bumps the steering feels VERY loose (i can feel free play from somthing on that side ) under hard accelaration and hard braking it is almost dangarous how much the car wanders over the road (again theres a delay in the stering corection because of free play )

ment to say that on cold mornings (everyday now lol ) the steering sticks powersteering problem ? and there a creeking noise normaly when im close ( or on ) full lock (both ways ) part of the problem ?

iv tryed play in wheel bearings - fine

trackrod ends - fine

regards - jack

threats? ...threads :)

check your track rod inner joints, where they screw into the rack under the rack rubber boots, probably sha99ed

but it sounds like you have problems with the rack itself

oops lol all fixed

This does conjour up funny images in my head of a steering wheel threatening the driver :lol:

haha that would be the final straw