Sign in to follow this  
fla

aircon cutoff temp

Dont know if anyone can help here but what is the cutoff temp for teh compressor not to run, only i switched the aircon on this evening and it just misted everything up as though there were no gas in it. After running the car for a while it then kicked in and cleared everything up. Its running fine, just had it gassed last week, so i'm just not sure about the low outside temp. There is the black knob below the glovebox which is connected to the thermocouple, just not too sure which way to turn this :shrug:

Dont know if anyone can help here but what is the cutoff temp for teh compressor not to run, only i switched the aircon on this evening and it just misted everything up as though there were no gas in it. After running the car for a while it then kicked in and cleared everything up. Its running fine, just had it gassed last week, so i'm just not sure about the low outside temp. There is the black knob below the glovebox which is connected to the thermocouple, just not too sure which way to turn this :shrug:

You need to get this tested by real Diavia experienced fitters. It is really easy to hammer the clutch on the compressor on the one hand, and on the other, to frost up the airways in the system. Look up Keith on the aircon thread.... he's near Heathrow.

Thanks for that Bruno. Would you suggest not using the aircon at these temps? TBH its not really been required because there's been no moisture in the car. Otherwise what's the lowest practical temp you should run the aircon on?