Sign in to follow this  
VRwood

My 1st VR

Hi Guys,

Bought my 1st Corrado back in October, thought its about time I got round to adding it to the members gallery.

- 1994 Corrado VR6 - Dragon Green, Black Leather, 115K mile

- InPro Headlights

- Induction Kit

- Some unknown cat back system (anybody recognise what it is? Looks to be pretty good quality)

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf14092009131.jpg[/attachment:14dr7f4r]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf14092009132.jpg[/attachment:14dr7f4r]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf14092009133.jpg[/attachment:14dr7f4r]

14092009134.jpg[/attachment:14dr7f4r]

Plans are:

- To find some roof strips, mine hasn't got any

- Spray the InPro's black so there a little less blingy

- Get the Speedlines sprayed anthracite or some anthracite D90's if I can find some 16" x 8", seem to be rare as hens teeth

- KW Coilovers with a modest drop (30mm) and full geo

- 288mm front brake conversion

- 280mm rear brake conversion (can anyone answer my question in drivetrain?)

- Black VW badge (done)

- Try and hold off a R32 conversion for as long as possible!!

Any thoughts/inspiration?!

Nice! :D Bet your well please with it!

Is the air filter a cone filter? If so get rid of it and either go for a BMC CDA or a Standard Airbox. :D

Good choice on the KWs but if you're only after a 30mm drop, maybe best (cheaper) to go for some shocks and springs, H&R springs with koni shocks are a known good setup.

The roof strips are very saught after, so you'll have to keep your eyes peeled on the breaking and for sale threads.

Not too sure on the exhaust, Have you looked underneath on the back box, maybe a name on it?

AND Welcome to the forum!!! :D :wave:

hey welcome along, nice ride :wave:

exhaust looks like a miltek or a magnex to me.

Welcome mate. The roof strips are about £50 a piece ex vat from VW new, and really hard to come by 2nd hand. I took mine out as they were rotten, and think I'm going to leave them out tbh.

Lovely colour, zorst looks awesome!

Welcome mate. The roof strips are about £50 a piece ex vat from VW new, and really hard to come by 2nd hand. I took mine out as they were rotten, and think I'm going to leave them out tbh.

I thought the roof strips were obsolete?

I thought the roof strips were obsolete?

Last time I went to my local stealer's they said they were still available...was about 1 month ago.

Any thoughts/inspiration?!

Be on good terms with your bank manager !

Honestly though you'll love it. Exhaust looks like a Blueflame unit i had a few year back.

Welcome to the VR fold

Cheers for the response guys!

Really enjoying the car so far the handling and sound are sublime, especially coming from a mk2 Mondeo!

Good call on the suspension and aero wipers, really fancy dropping it soon I presume the lowering springs come in a number of different heights?

I think I've sorted out (in my head) this 280mm rear brake conversion so hopefully I should be rolling round with uprated front and rear brakes before the new year once I've sorted out my battery drain problem anyway!

Yeah I'm not sold on the InPros either, just spraying them black at the moment they look much more subtle like that! I'll get some more pics up when i'm done!

Finally got round to getting some pictures with the now black inPros, what do you all think? I reckon with the black badge it really tones down the front end, doesn't look so blingy any more.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf25122009166.jpg[/attachment:1xtx496x]

25122009167.jpg[/attachment:1xtx496x]

Was thinking about splitting the indicators and fogs and doing the inside of them black aswell, anyone tried this before? Is it possible?

Also possibly thinking of tinting all the front lights aswell.

I want to do that aswell! Was just wondering if anybodys split the indicators or fogs and sprayed the non reflector bits black before to make them look a little darker before the film goes on?