Sign in to follow this  
Novastrike

Rear quarter window

How easy are these to items to replace? Some bastard tried to break into my car and has smashed the window. Autoglass are quoting 10 days to have all of the work done and with the xmas period that means the car will be out of commission until the new year so i am thinking about tackling this job myself with some glass from a scrapper. Is it worth the hassle??

IMO if autoglass are doing it for you (i'm guessing under insurance) and you have a nice cosey garage to keep the motor in, you may as well wait to get it done and get some fresh sand on the side...

really depends on how much you need the car over the hols... :shrug:

10 days? Thats a long time. Suppose it is Christmas.

I got a local windscreen fitter to take mine out for £10 when i had my car sprayed and you can get them put back in easily enough. Another 10 mins.

Hardest part is sourcing a second hand one. Problem when removing them is not to cut through the rubber surround. So very easily done. Proper windscreen places have a right angled blade that does the job.

If its insurance then get autoglass to do it. If not find a nice local glass fitter to remove the old window and put a new one in when you get it.

Beavisjem

I think they are over £200 from the dealer.