Sign in to follow this  
olly elworthy

water temp staying low

over the last couple of days my corrado g60 seems to have developed a fault, the coolant takesages to warm up and when it does it wont rise above 70 degrees, the oil temp stays araound a hundred, Im thinking the thermostat could be faulty? or the sender for the temperature gauge is playing up,, any ideas folks? :?:

myne only gets up to about 75-80, but my radiator fan is always on, i havnt been bothered to fix it!

turn your ignition on and have a look to see if the fan comes on straight away, if it does theres ya problem :lol:

Sounds like thermostat to me,mine went on my VR a couple weeks ago same symptom,60-70'C for coolant and 95-100'C for oil.

Your thermostat should open at 85'C,(80'C on the VR)

Cooling fan should come on at 92'C.

If you run your engine from cold and feel upper and lower rad pipes,if both get warm at 60-70'C then change thermostat,if temp gauge will continue to 92'C before cooling fan comes on then temp gauge is working ok,and thermoswitch for cooling fan is working correctly also.

Tricky to change on VR,not sure about G60. :wink: