Sign in to follow this  
culshaw

4 stud vr6 brake conversion

I've start making the changes to my setup today before play got rained off but i'm having a problem with some elements of the setup, i've got the carrier, caliper and disc and pads on but theres no play in the setup at all. I've wound the caliper piston as far back as it will go; see pics they will explain it better.

Discs are EBC standard 280mm

calipers are off a 95 vr6, carriers came from same car.

the problem probbaly is the pads,that set up is the G60,discs are G60 but are the calipers are VR6 ? im sure the offset of the G60 to VR6 discs are different,but unsure...you said would them in? fronts dont wind in but just push in,can you turn the brakes at all?

Also note that the EBC pads have a thick "break in" layer and a good run up the road could sort out this problem..

Hmmm - no this should be ok...

G60 and VR6 calipers / carriers are identical.... the pads you bought are the MK3 ones with a wear indicator but should be 19.6mm same as the Corrado ones.

You could either sand the pads slightly or fit the 16v ons which are 3mm thinner each side in terms of material.

thanks guys, i sanded the insides of the caliper down a bit getting some rust and high temp paint i put on out the way but will sand them down a bit.

i've got pads with wear indicators, is it possible to get the wear indicator connector cable from a US spec corrado or a golf with this feature? would be a nice thing to have i think

Ian