4eyes2wheels

Flash Red 1993 VR6 - Sold on to the next owner

You just need a late mk3 golf 16" spare mate thats what ive got in mine fits over the 288's as the late mk3 came with 288's

Thanks for the tip mate - I'll keep an eye out for one.

Spent £89.95 on the VR6 yesterday - filling it up with petrol! This is getting silly! :bonk:

Still agonising over getting a dual action polisher but not sure what approach to take on pads and compounds.

Must get around to replacing the splitter (with the one I bought from Digger B) but am thinking of getting some new slightly lower springs for a little (and I mean little) drop.

If you do your exhaust knock could return. Mine is doing it since coilovers went on this week.

Nice clean example, and all the little changes soon add up :lol: oh and the best colour too:dance:

After 3 years of Corrado ownership I have finally got an uncracked splitter fitted. Hot day for crawling around under cars but I did it and am really pleased. :cheers: Thanks to Digger B for the splitter.

Less successful was attempting to get decent MW reception on the radio. Clearly there has been some interesting wiring going on as the number on the black connectors and the colours of the wires are not matching up very well. I have swapped head units and aerial bases to no avail. :shrug:

May just give up and get a new (DAB?) head unit professionally installed.

800th post

After 7 weeks of virtually no driving due to a broken hand and therefore not playing hockey at the weekends I had a COMPLETELY flat battery so had to give it a LOOOOOONG charge up. Then this week I had to do two days in Chatham, so 50 miles each way on the M25 / M26 / M20 in sub zero temps and fog. The car coped very well indeed!

Took it out in the snow to collect my new bike yesterday with no dramas!

That's all folks!

Just a quick note to say the VR6 went through it's MOT and service with no problems at all :cheers:. Had only done about 2k miles this last 12 months so wasn't expecting any problems but you never know.

Any better pictures of the car at all, interior, all sides etc? Looks very good and you cant beat a red one!

Can we keep Classified adverts and Members Gallery threads separate please?

It's only fair on others selling their cars.

Thanks

Cant believe your selling up...Looks like a very nice example ready to be enjoyed with all the DG work done.

Can we keep Classified adverts and Members Gallery threads separate please?

It's only fair on others selling their cars.

Thanks

Sorry !

---------- Post added at 8:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:48 AM ----------

Cant believe your selling up...Looks like a very nice example ready to be enjoyed with all the DG work done.

I have had very few problems and paid for a lot of preventative maintenance but I am in that stage now where I need to modernise and get a bit more practicality. It will hurt to see it go and the DG mods have been great.

The next owner will get a good load of improvements.

It's all over.

Corrado ownership has been great but time to move on.

Good luck to the new owner. In this case it was "first to see will buy".

Hope you enjoyed your stay and good luck with whatever is next. Who has the car gone to, anyone on here?

Hope you enjoyed your stay and good luck with whatever is next. Who has the car gone to, anyone on here?

It has been great thanks. And thanks for the short shifter and door striker pin mending - I was talking about these things to the new owner this morning.

New owner is new on here having popped up looking for a Corrado.

I have now got a Mk5 golf GT TDI 4motion as my more modern and practical vehicle.

New buyer got a great car you've restored. I've got a mk5 140d, its a good choice buddy, bit dull but does everything well, especially mpg.

Edited by KipVR

Hi all,

I will start my own thread and introduce myself properly soon, however for the time being, just to say my name is Dave from Surrey and I am the new proud owner of this Corrado.

It has clearly been looked after very well by Jon and I will keep this up.

Really not a lot needing doing to the car, small bit of paint on the bottom seals where shoes have dragged in and out and the engine does have a "diesel" noise about it so will need to investigate that more once the rain stops!!!

Edited by 333