Sign in to follow this  
colinstubbs

Good weather for temp. road repairs

I wonder if Toad has any of his lads out doing road repairs in the snow. Seems pretty pointless to me, scrape away some snow, dump in some cold tarmac,

tamp it down - job's a.............Good'un????????

Methinks probably not - but I don't mind being wrong!!!!

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfGearshift road 011 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2nbnymvb]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfGearshift road 013 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2nbnymvb]Gearshift road 014 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2nbnymvb]

Another quality job!!

That looks well dodgy.

We came back from over the Woodhead pass on Sunday afternoon and driving along the A629 there were pot holes all over the place. Great chains of them like a dot to dot in 2 lines down each carriage way. Heaven help us if they try to mend them with this method (which is the usual one for S Yorks roads) as it will take them a year to do 1 mile..... They must surely dig up huge chunks and re-lay the road properly.

Proper life threatening for those on bikes, the cycle and motor variety!

no, local council policy but I didn't expect them to be out in this bl00dy weather - should last until it melts and freezes again, about a week then!!

when it comes back out after the water forces it out, go and dump it on the doorstep with a flag of your street name in it

If the "new winter holes" weren't bad enough here (council were rubbish at gritting first time round...) some muppet in a F**T Bravo drives past us today on a cleared road with his :censored: snow chains still attached...

Why not just hire a fekking Tank and do it properly you eejit! :bad-words: :epicfail:

The exceptionally severe and prolonged cold spell is going to cost us millions in repairs to our roads and pavements.

The increasing prevalence in the use of paving slabs means I am seeing dangerous damage to pavements and shopping precincts in our own town.

The "frost heave" lifts the slabs as the soil/wet sand expands and the slabs will then develop a "rock" as people step on them again and again.

Two pics taken in our town today and yesterday. I suspect I may not have seen conditions like this since the 1960s.

doesn't look an ideal job granted, but its what cold lay tarmac is used for, main aim of the guy doing this is to prevent frost penetration into the bearing course and sub base of the road construction, thereby avoiding more significant and more difficult to repair damage caused by frost heave had the hole been left open during this cold snap. hopefully you saw him drying the hole with a blow torch before he pressed the tarmac back in.

doesn't look an ideal job granted, but its what cold lay tarmac is used for, main aim of the guy doing this is to prevent frost penetration into the bearing course and sub base of the road construction, thereby avoiding more significant and more difficult to repair damage caused by frost heave had the hole been left open during this cold snap.

As I said I don't mind being wrong!!

hopefully you saw him drying the hole with a blow torch before he pressed the tarmac back in.

Unfortunately NO! which is why there's no photo of it! If that had happened i would have posted the event differently.

The 'repair' quite literally took about 90 seconds. :epicfail:

doesn't look an ideal job granted, but its what cold lay tarmac is used for, main aim of the guy doing this is to prevent frost penetration into the bearing course and sub base of the road construction, thereby avoiding more significant and more difficult to repair damage caused by frost heave had the hole been left open during this cold snap. hopefully you saw him drying the hole with a blow torch before he pressed the tarmac back in.

And this is a temp repair until they can get round to doing it properly with hot-roll tarmac yes?

If so why do all Councils seem to use it as a perminant fix! :bad-words:

yeh we'd hope it was a temporary repair, but that will probably be it until the next round of planned maintenance/ repair occurs!

if you think the roads in the UK are bad, you should see some of them in the republic!

the roads around here absalutely sh?t at the min theres more pot holes than tarmac haha