Sign in to follow this  
Joe_60

Brake upgrage

Hi there. looking to do a brake upgrade to my 20vt corrado. Currently running standard 16v brakes which cope surprisingly well but would like some nice brakes to sit under my Porsche boxster s alloys.Does anyone know of anywhere that sell good packages with everything that would need for the swap? Fitting is not a problem so just after product really. thanks Joe

Go for 280mm G60 front brakes- straight swap onto a 16v. So you'd need calipers, carriers, discs and pads.

Go for 280mm G60 front brakes- straight swap onto a 16v. So you'd need [strike:2qfw1ltc]calipers[/strike:2qfw1ltc], carriers, discs and pads.

Calipers are exactly the same Girling 54 units used for 256mm setup.

If you're up for converting to 5 stud, the 288mm/312mm setup is a very worthwhile upgrade. For ultimate stopping power, & poncy looks to boot you'll be wanting a set of Cupra R Brembos. Leons came with 5-stud 323mm discs, Ibizas with 4-stud 304mm discs.

Go for 280mm G60 front brakes- straight swap onto a 16v. So you'd need [strike:c1mtz3nd]calipers[/strike:c1mtz3nd], carriers, discs and pads.

Calipers are exactly the same Girling 54 units used for 256mm setup.

If you're up for converting to 5 stud, the 288mm/312mm setup is a very worthwhile upgrade. For ultimate stopping power, & poncy looks to boot you'll be wanting a set of Cupra R Brembos. Leons came with 5-stud 323mm discs, Ibizas with 4-stud 304mm discs.

As fair as I'm awere you need the calipers and carriers off a G60 or VR6 to upgrade the front brakes to 280mm on a valver. As the valver calipers arnt big enough for the increased surface area on the discs.

Yup, you defo need new calipers. My 16v has had the G60 upgrade and the calipers had to be changed, and as Swompy says, they are the same as the VR6. The discs are G60 specific though as they're 4-stud.

Yup, you defo need new calipers. My 16v has had the G60 upgrade and the calipers had to be changed, and as Swompy says, they are the same as the VR6. The discs are G60 specific though as they're 4-stud.

Hope fully at the end of the month I will finaly have my brakes done :clap: just waiting for Graham to get back to me with a quote for bearings and fitting it all

Back to topic. When I was painting the vr6 calipers I noticed a big difference in size to the 256mm calipers

Ibizas with 4-stud 304mm discs

That sounds like a interesting upgrade tho

i have the tt 312 upgrade on my vr (i know different stud pattern) and its stops on a 6 pence so if you can get anywere near that size

you will have some serious braking :D