Sign in to follow this  
big ben

another warm starting problem - 1.8 16V

got a new daily corrado today, which when starts is fine and runs sweet tbh. Just sometimes it wont start straight away, previous owner says it starts fine when cold in the mornings, but struggles when warm sometimes.

I have read it is a common problem with these, and that it could be fuel related? anyone know what im on about and any advice?

could be fuel pump related, could be warm up regulator, if you can find someone with a fuel pressure gauge and the correct unions to connect to the K-ket system I can give you all the system and holding pressure info.

Because you get an extra squirt of fuel from the cold start injector when the engine is cold it's easier for the engine to get enough atomised fuel to fire when cold, when hot, the main injectors are on their own, so if that part of the sytem is weak that might be causing the problem.

If you pull out the fuel pump relay, bridge the fusebourd with a wire with two spade connectors, and use the battery negative lead to connect and disconnect the power, you can run the fuel pump to spray the injectors into bottles.

You just need to pop the airbox apart and lift the metering arm/flap slightly.

This way you can inspect the spray pattern of the injectors to see if they have good cone shaped spray, or if they squirt like a water pistol lol.

You can do the injector test without any special tools, so that's worth checking before finding someone to check the system pressures.

thanks a lot!! :salute: that definately clears some of it up for me

i will give that a go this weekend, if you could get any system pressure info that would be great also