Sign in to follow this  
Alex_G60_Fanatic

Recaro Vs Standard

i had standard seats in mine which i hated but my mk 2s have always had recaros so i supose i was used to them. I think the backs on recaros are higher and better for your back and my cloth is heated so its all the joys without the cold leather in the mornins which i dont like. I do have the problenm im just over 6'3 so my head does hit the roof even tho i have managed to move the stops a little further down. i wouldnt go back to standard seats tho and i dnt like all these other seats like tt 1s that ppl fit as there far to wide for the car

Corrado owners are very fortunate as both the stock seats and Recaros are very good so in terms of function. Looks wise a black interior featuring black leather Recaros is the perfect period high end interior for a Corrado,, of course :nuts:

i do have a height issue, im 6"2. I may have to steal some ones car with recaro's in and start fiddling with the seats :)

6"2 for me as well, hence the head to roof lining problem on the standard seats.

If you can wait until BVF in July I might have the car with the recaros in on the road, I can always pick you up if you fancy going.

ooo yes please! I'd love to go for a drive your famous G60! sharing petrol always helps you as well! :grin:

i do have a height issue, im 6"2. I may have to steal some ones car with recaro's in and start fiddling with the seats :)

6"2 for me as well, hence the head to roof lining problem on the standard seats.

If you can wait until BVF in July I might have the car with the recaros in on the road, I can always pick you up if you fancy going.

ooo yes please! I'd love to go for a drive your famous G60! sharing petrol always helps you as well! :grin:[/quote:1cv76nt8]

Try the other link in my sig, the blue one not the yellow one.

Blue one will be done by then, charger is at G-werks now getting a bit of Stage 5 action.

Try the other link in my sig, the blue one not the yellow one.

Blue one will be done by then, charger is at G-werks now getting a bit of Stage 5 action.

indeed, i've been watching your progress on both your nugget and the 16v. Cant wait to it in the flesh!

Corrado owners are very fortunate as both the stock seats and Recaros are very good so in terms of function. Looks wise a black interior featuring black leather Recaros is the perfect period high end interior for a Corrado,, of course :nuts:

I'm with you on this one Gareth, surprise surprise :D

well i thought id add my bit of crit here.......

leather recaros are .............well.................. crap. the mk2 gold recaros are awesome in cloth they as others have said hold you in and hug you very very comfortable... but the leather ones just look better.

the recaros that come in the corrados are too wide and are very hard not very supporting but do compliment the interior and for some reason people love them in there car, hence im replacing my porsche 993 seats with leather recaros ..... silly really as the porsche seat sare sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo comfortable very hugging more so than the recaros as i have the ones with deep bolsters out of the turbo...

it is purly a selling point for when the car is finished and one day if i ever do sell it then it will have the correct seats for the year model etc etc just better (although mine did come with grey ele recaros )

capris, series 1 rst's mk2 goldf etc all have the cloth narrow recaro and they are all the nice ones if you had some of those in leather then that would be best of both worlds...

having said all this waffle the standard seats are very comfortable more so than the recaros in leather in fact they just look a bit boring is all....

I'm with you on this one Gareth, surprise surprise :D

me too :D