Sign in to follow this  
dadoogie

Please delete, Seller is a bit too dodgy.

After a bit of a chat with the guy and your great help, ive decided to give this guy a miss. Will use this site to buy a corrado i recon.

yuck, chances are the whole bottom part of that wing is rotten, needs removing and repairing if possible, although a good second hand wing resprayed will probably be a better bet.

yuck, chances are the whole bottom part of that wing is rotten, needs removing and repairing if possible, although a good second hand wing resprayed will probably be a better bet.

do you have the paint code from vw for pink ??? :lol:

B&Q will match it for you, their matt emulsion is probably better wearing than VW reds anyway.

B&Q will match it for you, their matt emulsion is probably better wearing than VW reds anyway.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol. I know the paint is faded pretty bad, im putting it down to the guys bad camera phone. This wing has me really aprehensive about buying the car as the rest might be in worse shape.

take a good long look underneath, along the sills and in particular where the sills join the rear wheel arch.

You're right, that hole in the wing is a common place for them to go and not really damage related and could well indicate more of the underneath is in a similar state.

its interesting the lack of the pictures on the ad also, e.g. how he did a close up of the rear wheel and not the front (which would normally be more impressive as they are bigger IMO), could just be nothing but small things i pick up on...

looks about 500 quid overpriced if you ask me, even if it does have a new battery :lol:

needs new front discs as well.

Right, i always thought rusty discs could be alright after driving for a bit and that the rust didnt mess with their performance too much. Obviously being a noob.

If you were happy to go to near the asking price I'm wondering why are you still interested even if there is a reasonable drop.

Obviously depending on the condition of the rest of the car a reasonable drop could make this an OK purchase but I would be VERY wary of futher rust issues around the sills and underneath in general. The underbody front all around the subframe mounting points area is another hot spot.

I'm sure there must be better condition C's around for the 1k price.

But, if it's not too far to travel give it a go. If its the first one you've seen make sure you see a few others. Even look at those above your budget just to see what other conditions there are about.

Oh, and have you seen the buyers guide in the knowledge base / wiki guides?