Sign in to follow this  
krnau

where are engine part number and gearbox' located?

As my corrado has had 5 previous owners, doing their completely un-professional work in it.... I'm not even sure my gearbox is a kr oem one (neither the engine bottom end).... Don't ask me why, but even PAS pump isn't a corrado one so I'd like to make sure everything is ok...

where can I find the bottom end part number, and gearbox part number? thanks :)

btw what's the round hole on the right-centre of the block? I have a cap with nothing plugged in there :?

Bump for an old thread, but I have an ABF engine that I'm planning on rebuilding as a 16VT, but the engine number has rusted off the block.

What's the best way to get round this? I have an the upper cambelt cover that came with it, that has an ABF number on it, but I can't be sure that this is the correct engine number.

Is another block the only way to do this correctly?

If the car started off as a 16V just leave it alone. If it looks like a 16V and the number has rusted away who's to know the difference?

DVLA are absolute :censored: about changing engines these days anyway. If you change capacity or code they will require either a receipt for the motor stating the number and capacity, or an engineers report, or a letter from the manufacturer (yeah right).

I just changed the motor in my mk2, and the number has rusted off that too. Still looks like a 1.3 though. Prove it ain't :p

see the pic below

Sin título.png[/attachment:3vejecn9]

where I did the yellow mark, I have a cap in there with nothing plugged into it. what's supposed to be there??

the green mark shows a thread, to which nothing is attached in my engine. is it ok??

and second thing, I can't manage to see the engine part number (or 1.8 or whatever) because of all the pipes that are near to it... wasn't there supposed to be a sticker in some other place or whatever? thanks!!!