Sign in to follow this  
flyingmatt555

BBS RS 301 Question

Hi - Just purchased a set of BBS RS 301s from German for my standard Storm, they are 17 x 8j, any one know what size tyres i should go for to minimise any rubbing on the arches?

My suspension is standard.

Thanks guys.

Nice one :) 205 40 17 to maintain the same rolling radius.

Think you'll need to drop the suspension though or they just won't look right at all IMHO.

Nice one :) 205 40 17 to maintain the same rolling radius.

Think you'll need to drop the suspension though or they just won't look right at all IMHO.

Absolutely agree, however RS 301s are 7.5j wide, ET 33. If yours are 8j they will have had 1" dishes fitted resuling in an ET of 27. This is quite wide for the front of the car, and if you were to run them maybe a more stretched 195 would be better but i'd persnally consider a half inch dish.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I`m thinking of trying them on with 205 40 17 tyres first, then see how i get on. I have the original BBS soliturdes :-) so can run these if i need to change the rim lip to 0.5 inch.

I would have thought the 195s will be unsafe on 8" rims?

would have to agree with Bill you will have to drop it a bit ,as i ran mine with splits on for a year on standard suspension and it just looked plain silly, but looks great now ive sensably dropped it.

195/40 is often run on an 8" rim and I haven't heard any problems reported, it may provide just enough stretch to get the tyre into the arch. Personally I wouldn't drop below 205 which after all is the stanard tyre width on a VR with its factory 6.5" rims. I would (and do) run a 7.5" wheel up front with a 205/40 tyre