Sign in to follow this  
crazymarcel

Comp alloys on a corrado

I been lookin around for some wheels, the TT Competition alloys (chrome ones) were my first choice. But have been offered these instead, They are the new comp alloys which come on TT's and are at a reasonoble price with pirelli p6000 tires, Although in my understanding i will have to change these to 205 tires as these are 225 is this right?

Has anybody tryed these, just wondered what they might look like on a C/ Opions welcome :)

You could try downsizing to 215 width.....205 might look a little stretched. Are they 7.5J then?

As for the design......not overly keen based on that pic but they might look OK on a C. Double check the PCD is 5x100 and the offset not shallower than 30 before parting with any cash.

Cheers Kev, yea they 7.5J, Is 215 the biggest i could go?

Yea i wearnt overly keen, But the price and condition made me more interested. And they have grown on me since.

Cheers Kev, yea they 7.5J, Is 215 the biggest i could go?

Yea i wearnt overly keen, But the price and condition made me more interested. And they have grown on me since.

Cool, would be interested in pics when they're on the car....sounds like you've made your mind up already :lol:

225s would go on but you might encounter rubbage.....And also, you need to watch the aspect ratio of the tyre if you don't want the speedo and acceleration to be affected. You might also want to compare prices of 225, 215 and 205 tyres for future replacements.....

K

Cheers Kev i'm 80% mind made up, and they cheap enough could sell them for more if they arent to my likeing once on car.

I already have 17s useing 205 tires and speedo is fine, so wouldent have thought these would be any different? and yea there is a slight drop in acceleration with 17s on, but the vr still quick enough.

Its pity u cant try before u buy with wheels

Yeah 205s are OK, I was referring more to the 215s and 225s for the speedo calibration.

I must admit, you do seem to come across some good deals! Is the source selling any other 17s?

I see what ya sayin, Hopefully i'll just get some 205's put on the rim then although may test with the 225 tires.

Nope dont think so, only selling due to 18inch wheel upgrade.