Sign in to follow this  
Novastrike

Locked out! Need to get in!

Hi Guys,

As some of you may have seen, some idiot broke into my car a month back and did an absolute number on my drivers do. So much so that it ruined the latch and the door was locking with key only.

This was fine until I got the respray done when the guy repaired the handle and mentioned that the key worked but not the central locking so I take my car to ASDA, lock the drivers door with the key, lock the car and now the drivers door can not be opened. I have just spent £250 on a new respray and £700 on a new cream interior so I would be really grateful if anyone knows a way of getting the door open without damaging either!!

Also if anyone has a drivers side latch mechanism, I would be very interested!

Cheers!!

John

Hi Guys,

As some of you may have seen, some idiot broke into my car a month back and did an absolute number on my drivers do. So much so that it ruined the latch and the door was locking with key only.

This was fine until I got the respray done when the guy repaired the handle and mentioned that the key worked but not the central locking so I take my car to ASDA, lock the drivers door with the key, lock the car and now the drivers door can not be opened. I have just spent £250 on a new respray and £700 on a new cream interior so I would be really grateful if anyone knows a way of getting the door open without damaging either!!

Cheers!!

John

You do know that the passenger door also opens with the key?

Hi Guys,

Cheers!!

John

You do know that the passenger door also opens with the key?

Yes it does except at the time his key didn't work in his door, we've since sorted the barrel and he can now get into the car. We also repaired his drivers door so that works too (note the date of the O/P)