Sign in to follow this  
chunk

boost delete mod Q????

hi i was woundering if anyone knew wot the difference is between the 2 dump valves (HA! boost delete mod) that are on ebay? :shrug:

the first one is utterly pointless and will probably damage to the charger due to the poor quallity filter.

the second is just a blanking plate and the rest bolts on to isv. as you say boost return delete

it was just coz the stage 1 ones blanking plate is flat and the stage 2 one has that wee pipe going on 2 it, why wud this be?

there both utter crap and i would suggest you dont waste your money on them.

the one with the pipe on the blanking plate will draw air through it when the charger spins up, not good with a poop filter. id imagine this would whistle a bit more than normal.

it will provide no power gains, just shorten the life span of your charger

i was thinking the same, just i hav total standard g60, and it use 2 whistle when clutch down changing gear, but that stoped due to me striping it all down2 replace thermostat, and i want the whistle back, but im not a chav!!

stainless 4 branch/decat/exhaust made mine whistle alot more. but it did in the first place.

as far as im aware boost return delete will not make it whistle, just give you the dump noise.

plus side is it takes away the hot air so everything runs a little cooler.

yeah i was giong 2 get 4 branch manifold/down pipe 2, wud i need 2 decat 4 this 2 fit on? i hink that ill just get that stage 2 d/valve see what comes and happens. thanks very much for the advice m8!!!

my advice is dont get it!!!!

complete waste of time.

depend what four branch you buy as to what you need to fit it. no point having a cat if you dont need one though

but a lot o ppl hav this boost delete mod and say its good, sorry again for my ignorance. well ye wud b good to decat, 4 branch and get rid o that suitcase 2. but dont know where 2 get any of the parts apart from 4 branch of, you guest it, EBAY haha

yes i have a boost return delete on mine. as do many.

the quality of the kit is the issue for me. it looks like cheap crap and therefore probably is.

decats can be bought from ebay too. but gwerks are good quality and reasonably priced.

arite where did you get yours from? dose it just consist of the same parts? gona hav 2 save a few pennys b4 get new exhuast.

i only used a blanking plate. i run the boost back into the inlet pipe from the isv. and an oil run off pipe.

can see what i mean if you have a look at my bay in the members gallery bit. the g60 ballache

this does open up a different can of worms though. lots of people have mixed opinions on doing it this way.

this is ths second g60 i have done this on and not had problems.

i run without a lambda probe.