Sign in to follow this  
The-Mortman

Hamsters an optional extra?

Since buying my VR in Dec I have enjoyed driving it .. except for the worlds most annoying squeek from the dashboard. I did check to see if the previous owner had stored his Hamsters in the glove box for safe keeping but no joy. :lol:

I have therefore concluded that the dash is loose, but appart from the nut that is visible on either side of the dash with the doors open I can't find any other obvious fixings. The squeek seems to be coming from the top of the dash at the back where is meets the windscreen. It takes very little pressure to silence it but short of wedging something in there or ripping it all out I'm not sure what to do next .. any suggestions?

Also I have a dim display on the heater controls, is this normal or do I need to replace some bulbs? If replacing bulbs any ideas on how to get the facia off?

The dash is bolted through the bulkhead in 2 places. pop the bonnet and remove the scuttle cover, rear under there and you'll find the 2 nuts.

I know what you mean about the smug grin too!

the display isnt the brighest in the world so your 'dim' display is probably normal, sorry if i insult your inteligence but theres a little switch near the light switch that dims/brightens the dash!! try rolling that up!

Also I have a dim display on the heater controls, is this normal or do I need to replace some bulbs? If replacing bulbs any ideas on how to get the facia off?

have a look here

Phat .. thanks I'll have to try it.

Joebrent .. no insult, I like people who state the obvious :-P removes the confusion. Yes I had tried that and its still dim.

StormSeeker .. thanks, I had just found that one myself :oops: doh. I'll try the LED approach I think