Sign in to follow this  
daniboy1_2_3

Headlight question

Hi there, just had my corrado G60 to the MOT station and got a list as long as my leg of problems. One of them is the headlights are shot, cracked and letting in water etc. I have a pair of euro spec lights that came with the cae when it was imported fron germany. Does anyone know if i could get it through its retest by fitting these and putting a pair of beam correctors on them. The second thing is where can i get a set of beam correctors from as everywhere i have tried obviously only sells the correctors for travelling abroad. Any help appreciated.

the easy way is to get the lens changed to uk one but means getting hold of a set of worn out uk lamps where the lens is fine,not sure if you can still get new lens's, the refelctor will be the same inside but if they are burn't/ damaged you will need to get them resilvered.( be careful how you touch them as its so easy to remove the silvering, use nothing but warm water and soap if they need cleaning)

Lenses are still available fro VAG.

For post facelift headlights only though.. :)

Good point Yan :)

What is the actual difference between the early/late lens then?

It's a depth thing and the curve on the front of the lense.

If you consider that the black plastic housing doesn't change and nor does the rubber seal that the lens sits on in the housing then late lenses will fit an early unit.

The problem is that as part of the facelift process the front wings are tweaked to accomodate the profile change in the bonnet, this means the headlight glass has to be re-profiled so you keep and even gap around the headlights to keep it looking nice.

Now you can fit late lenses and most people won't even notice (I used to know someone who had a late wing on one side and an early on the other, although it was noticeable and bugged the crap out of him) but it would get on my nerves no end.

Does anyone know where i can purchase an upgraded headight loom, i've searched ebay and can't find any. I want one that'll do dipped and high beam :D