Sign in to follow this  
wippy

g60 stuttering when hot

when cold the car runs lovely and once it is hot its also fine but if you park up for a few mins or get stuck in traffic then it starts playing up, its still fine when cruzing or normal aceleration but at wot the car will pick up but then hesitate for a fraction of a second then go then hesitate , its kind of a fast kangaroo, i have replaced the pipe to the ecu and adjusted the timing but no change, when it happens its not like a missfire on one cylinder, it seems like it shuts down completly for a fraction of a second, it seems to me like it could either be lead from coil to dizzy(checked but no problem) the coil breaking down when hot or could it be the injector wiring ( the wires for the plug are a bit crusty) what is puzzling me is that its not an intermittant problem as such as it plays up at no other time only when it has been sitting for a while getting hot so there must.

be an obvious reason.

any ideas would be much appreciated, i dont want to start spending loads of money on things if someone knows what the problem is

thanks

when cold the car runs lovely and once it is hot its also fine but if you park up for a few mins or get stuck in traffic then it starts playing up, its still fine when cruzing or normal aceleration but at wot the car will pick up but then hesitate for a fraction of a second then go then hesitate , its kind of a fast kangaroo, i have replaced the pipe to the ecu and adjusted the timing but no change, when it happens its not like a missfire on one cylinder, it seems like it shuts down completly for a fraction of a second, it seems to me like it could either be lead from coil to dizzy(checked but no problem) the coil breaking down when hot or could it be the injector wiring ( the wires for the plug are a bit crusty) what is puzzling me is that its not an intermittant problem as such as it plays up at no other time only when it has been sitting for a while getting hot so there must.

be an obvious reason.

any ideas would be much appreciated, i dont want to start spending loads of money on things if someone knows what the problem is

thanks

Maybe a dodgy lambda or mass air flow meter? or maybe you have a nasty ignition switch??

you'll need to take a multi meter or vag com over your car. I had the same problem when i was driving along... turned out to be the ignition switch but its certainly sounds electrical

to be honest it has been doing some strange things recently . The heater fan has stopped for a couple of seconds and then started again so i will check the switch out. Thank you and ill let you know what i find

VAGCOM no good on g60's for this sort of thing i'm afriad.

will just systematically start checking things off.

realy? whys that?

Digifant ecu can't give fault codes.(Unless it is the OBD1 system used in california).

You can only get ABS fault codes.

VAGCOM no good on g60's for this sort of thing i'm afriad.

will just systematically start checking things off.

realy? whys that?

Digifant ecu can't give fault codes.(Unless it is the OBD1 system used in california).

You can only get ABS fault codes.

ooo, nice to know. And i was going to invest in one as well!! i wont bother now. tah :thumb right:

me to i have had this problem :clap: after replacing lots of bits i traced it back to the fuel injector wiring loom cause its above the exhaust manifold the insulation on the wires seems to become heat damaged , so i got so new connectors and wire and made a new loom making sure to cover the wires in heat resistant sleeving hey presto no more cutting out , sourced all the bits from vehicle wiring products hope this sorts it for you mate :D