Sign in to follow this  
lil b

Engine temp questions?? Advice needed

Hello,

I have a few question I need answering RE: my 2L 8V corrado...

1 - On the on board computer, for example it will read between 90º and 100º - yet the temp gauge reads between 70º and 80º.... am I being completely blonde, are these for the same reading? or is one oil and one water? :cuckoo:

2 - On constant driving the temp gauge hovers 70-80.. is this correct? So what I'm trying to explain is in traffic it comes to 85+ then goes back down, is this correct??

3 - the Digital gauge can go upto 102 in traffic sitting then hovers around 94.... is this correct??

If these are too high what can I do to correct the problem?? different strength/tolerance thermostat???

Again sorry I do not know the correct terminology and I am trying my best to sort my car out :D (full service soon :clap: )

Thankyou very muchly

Becki xx :scratch:

Hello,

I have a few question I need answering RE: my 2L 8V corrado...

1 - On the on board computer, for example it will read between 90º and 100º - yet the temp gauge reads between 70º and 80º.... am I being completely blonde, are these for the same reading? or is one oil and one water? :cuckoo:

2 - On constant driving the temp gauge hovers 70-80.. is this correct? So what I'm trying to explain is in traffic it comes to 85+ then goes back down, is this correct??

3 - the Digital gauge can go upto 102 in traffic sitting then hovers around 94.... is this correct??

If these are too high what can I do to correct the problem?? different strength/tolerance thermostat???

Again sorry I do not know the correct terminology and I am trying my best to sort my car out :D (full service soon :clap: )

Thankyou very muchly

Becki xx :scratch:

MFA shows oil temp which is higher than water

70 to 80 in winter is ok - 90 to 95 should see fan cutting in to cool down

oil will get hotter when you come to a stop from a run as the ambient temp of the engine is still high

all sounds good - run car upto temp then leave ticking over to check rad fan is working - watch the temp guage just in case if it hits 100 shut her off and investigate.

MFA shows oil temp which is higher than water

70 to 80 in winter is ok - 90 to 95 should see fan cutting in to cool down

oil will get hotter when you come to a stop from a run as the ambient temp of the engine is still high

all sounds good - run car upto temp then leave ticking over to check rad fan is working - watch the temp guage just in case if it hits 100 shut her off and investigate.

Brilliant thanks!! - takes a weight off my mind.

Becki x

The needle gauge is the water and the MFA is the oil.

When dbug says watch the gauge to see if it hits 100.. i think he means the water gauge rather then the oil gauge.

The needle gauge is the water and the MFA is the oil.

When dbug says watch the gauge to see if it hits 100.. i think he means the water gauge rather then the oil gauge.

may wee mon sure :grin: