Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Uneven Suspension?

Was out looking at the VR yesterday and noticed that one side is lower than the other on the front, obvious i thought and whipped both wheels off and measured the coilover threads but there both spot on? Checked the threads on the top mounts and there the same too? Drivers side is around 10mm lower on the front corner, any ideas? Top mounts?

Thanks

AJ

Was out looking at the VR yesterday and noticed that one side is lower than the other on the front, obvious i thought and whipped both wheels off and measured the coilover threads but there both spot on? Checked the threads on the top mounts and there the same too? Drivers side is around 10mm lower on the front corner, any ideas? Top mounts?

Thanks

AJ

Hahaha! I spent a while scratching my head with this also BV. Its the drivers side thats 10mm lower yeah?

Its due to the engine sitting further to one side of the engine bay then the other. I would never have thought of this unless someone told me on another thread. I adjusted the drivers side coilover a bit to balance it out. Also the rear drivers side may also sit lower, due to the fuel tank.

Have a search there's a thread somewhere where this was discussed. Most probably the suspension discussion thread.

HTHs

Gaz

Im sure this is common on german cars. I have noticed this on 3 VWs and 2 3 series BMW's that ive had.

Your lucky at least you can mess with the ride height and get it even! The topmounts were changed around 6 months back when the coils were fitted I'm sure.

Oh you have a PM Adam