Sign in to follow this  
nelds

MPG

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but i have a query.............I forgot to get fuel tonigth when i left work so decided to have a slow drive home. I was driving at 55MPH the revs were sitting at 2500RPM and the MFA was telling me 29.9 MPG....?????........is that right as it seems a bit poop for a 1.8 16V Rado :scratch:

That's pants mate if the MFA is correct.... :shrug:

With a spacesaver on I did 85 miles 50:50 motorway:A&B roads trying to stay under 50mph and got 48mpg on the MFA. 8)

EDIT: usually 30-35 mpg

I usaly get 29.9 mpg but dont know if the mfa is correct or not only realy get 30+ mpg when on the motorway

whilest driving on a motorway do a reset on the mfa you should get a load better result at 70 in the vr i can get 42 mpg over my 22 mile trip to work :D

I also get about 29.9 at 70, Only goes above 30 (most I have seen is 33.2) when I drive like a granny at 60.

Would the fuel filter really cause this much restriction? I am due an oil change so I will do this then also.

I also get about 29.9 at 70, Only goes above 30 (most I have seen is 33.2) when I drive like a granny at 60.

Would the fuel filter really cause this much restriction? I am due an oil change so I will do this then also.

I would imagine if the fuel filter is restricting fuel, there would be more of an adverse affect on the running then just bad MPG :shrug:

Buy a VR you will see better fuel consumption figures than that and have the benefit of more power :lol:

:clap: