Sign in to follow this  
corradog60stage4

DIY HID projectors into stock corrado headlights

good work,i see the us headlights differ allot inside!

yeah the us headlights are like candlestick when it comes to output. I might even paint the chrome black on these to see how they look, i have a set of euro specs on my rado now and if the output is good I will do those as well. :clap:

My avatar give's you some idea of how mine looked in black. Need to fit them to the VR actually!

abdul are yours the same idea of projector with black surrounding headlights?? or have you just shit out on light output alltogether! lol

Yep Phil, projectors with hid's with black surrounds inc my high beam lol.

cool. thought your headlights were something different! didnt kno if they were inpro's tho! you got any pics of what you did or what youve got now?

I have been told that shortly all HIDs are to made illegal/mot fail in the UK unless the car came from factory with them.......anyone else hear this?

if you havent got Headlight washers and auto levelling they are illegal anyways! but its only a 2 minute job so swap back to standard bulbs for mot...

if you havent got Headlight washers and auto levelling they are illegal anyways! but its only a 2 minute job so swap back to standard bulbs for mot...

right!

or swap back to standard headlights, which takes less time for sure

cool. thought your headlights were something different! didnt kno if they were inpro's tho! you got any pics of what you did or what youve got now?

No dude, they're projectors out of some R32 style mk3 headlamps that have been moulded into the stock corrado reflectors. They're basically the exact same as the ones above. The inpro's are :pukeright:

Phil's right about the legality on HID's but you wont fail an mot on that. What you will fail on if the garage checks is the wiring and where you mount your balasts etc. Ie it needs to be safe!