Sign in to follow this  
vr6paul

induction for vr6?

That's my thinking exactly, if you can get a Turn2 in there, you can get a drain pipe in there. Fixing to the airbox is easy. If you look at the drainpipe accessories in B&Q, you'll see loads of adaptors and brackets and things which should fit into the airbox OK. You can use grey foam to hold the pipe still in the wing apeture. I haven't lifted the bonnet of my car for ages, so all this is just from memory but I reckon it'll be easy with a dremel, some black sealant and various pipe accessories though.

Don't forget the engine only sucks in what it needs and the effects of RAM air are debateable but at least the air will be cold.

Car & Car Conversions did a big investigation into filters and they measured a pressure increase of 0.4psi in the airbox when given a 100mph wind! The engine would barely notice that!

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

.....and water.

Don't drive through a puddle.

Tom, my premium is £1300 (Ouch) as I'm only 21! A few companies laughed at me when I said I wanted to be insured on a VR6! But privilige were cool they prefer not to have mods, but don't charge the earth for them!