Sign in to follow this  
joby

16 valve engine bay Tidy up

Guys, as im pulling my engine out im after tidying all the ridiculous wiring to all the sensors up Thee original tape is looking a bit tired now and am after ideas or pics please! Heat shrink tape maybe :shrug: conduit maybe would like it to look oe if poss but any suggestions would be helpfull :)

the later VW style plastic ribbed tubing with the slit all the way down one side is pretty good, I've used a lot of second hand bits to tidy up and protect bits of my early 16v wiring.

Split tubing looks good, although getting the sizing of it right makes a huge difference, but I still prefer fresh fabric tape as it is ultimately flexible.

go for the split tubing i would say. but tape the wires up every 6" before you put it on cause u always end up with stray wires poking out

I've got a roll of very OE looking fabric tape which is pretty decent - Supercharged sorted it out for me though I've no idea where from... been completely sh!t though and never dared poke around the engine bay doing that kind of thing though so it's barely been used ;)

Would quite like to hang onto it mate though might be worth PM'ing Supercharged and find out where he got it from...... :)

thanks for the quick replys :) Maplins the best place for split tubing i take it

Or an electrical wholesale place. If you have a look on later VWs and Audis you will find nice little clips to go on the end of the tubing to keep it tidy. Whenever I go scrapyard visiting I usually come away with a handful of them for future projects :)