Sign in to follow this  
Philj

Vr6 conversion into a 2.0l 16v

Got a complete vr lump which is apparently a 2.9 and has a couple fruity bits, was in a mk3 golf, on the obd2 coil pack type, got the whole lump, loom, gearbox, subframe, brakes etc. And a friends trying to tempt me with his broken m reg 2.0l 16v corrado for the s4, thinking I could do something usefull with it. Guess I'd need a Corrado Vr subframe, arms, hubs, possibly rear axle? Assume the mk3 vr one is no good?

Main issue though is the wiring...

wiring is a bit of a job but as you have all thats necessary to do it it would be nice to have a 2.9 obd2 vr..

most of it plugs into the corrado fusebox all the same, i am currently doing the same, search obd2 conversion on here, all obd2 looms are from golfs so this conversion will be the same as what you are doing concerning wiring, you'l need Vr clocks aswell i think... i had to get them anyhw as my old speedo was cable and vr is electric..

I've considered doing this with my valver as I know my car is a good'en. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

i simply got all the running gear off a VR was straight forward enough, swapped straight over (although i had to wait to get it back from powdercoat :p )

but i got the VR cheap as chips and sold all my valver bits to help fund it, have plugged the loom in, very straight forward and cant be done wrong with the main plugs tbh..

as for the back axle im told they are the same so just swap the discs (essentially the hub) so your valver is 5 stud on rear now too..

If ya wanna keep your clocks and there cable speedo not electric just use 1.3 mk2 speedo cable. If it's obd2 ur gunna want the keys and ingintion barrel and wires for the imobiliser, u can use all the running gear from a mk3 bolts straight up and gives a wider track, or just use the mk3 subframe and keep all your hubs etc, just remember to upgrade your brakes, 280s off 4stud mk3gtis or g60s, your gunna want a corrado front cross member and a corrado radiator would fit better, www.mk2vr6.com , corrados n mk2s have the same front end, http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html helps with wiring. 16v fuel pump is good enuff for the job, gives ya time to get a vr one. Corrados have two differnt front ends, vrs have bigger bonnets with a bulge and different wings, but u can get a vr in without changing these, maybe just shave alittle of the rear engine mount.