Sign in to follow this  
pebisit

Gearbox engine mount

i.e the one on the nearside at the back on a '95 VR6 Storm

Mines leaking, and from the engine mount thread, it seems OE is best for this particular one

Anyone know the VW OE part number, the stealers dont know what Im after (a bit worrying) so I've either got to go look at his screen, or get the part number, and I need it for this w/e and cant get there until Saturday

Anyone know, please

Cheers

Phil

The Mk2 diesel one from GSF fits and is a good upgrade to the standard one as it's slightly stiffer. They're only about £15 from GSF IIRC.

Brill, as long as I wont get any vibration through the transmission

You dont know which exact one that is, do you, I take it you mena Golf Mk 2 diesel, is there different models??

You will get a bit of transmission whine/vibration from the mk 2 mount, but it's a good upgrade.

I went for a standard mount from VW a few weeks ago pn: 357199381C (4 cyl), 3A0199402 (VR6)

Also worth fitting new bolts while it's being done (Same on all models): N 0195334 (X2)

N 10241603

Now more confused, isnt the VR6 a tad different to the 4 cylinder cars though, in that you dont get the same vibration issues???