Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

R32 Bush - Confusion

I recently bought some VW R32 bushes from VW. Asked the guy specifically for Golf R32 items and he came up with part number 1JO 407 181.

Got them in my hands and expected them to be solid rubber, however they look alot like the standard VR6 shape, see pic. ie has gaps on either side

Haws he ordered the wrong item number? Or have the wrong ones been supplied?

Cheers

Photo looks ok to me, but the part number I used for my mk4 R32 bushes was 8N0407181B

Andy

edit: beaten to it twice in 1 min! People are eager to help today lol!

sorry about the sixe of the photo :lol:

It sounds like he has ordered the worng part number then. Will try and get him to rectify this. So 8N0 407 181 B, can it be ordered from VW or is this an Audi specific item?

Do I need a sleeve to fit it too? Heard that the ID is larger than the VR version. Any one know the part number for this if it is needed?

No - it's fitted to the R32 MK4 Golf and Seat so any dealer can order - they are around £8 each.

they are M12 ID (same as the bolt) so fit without a sleeve, it's just a 5 min job with a press to get the old ones out and run these in

No - it's fitted to the R32 MK4 Golf and Seat so any dealer can order - they are around £8 each.

they are M12 ID (same as the bolt) so fit without a sleeve, it's just a 5 min job with a press to get the old ones out and run these in

Old ones are out, was just checking that the ID on the r32's are teh same 'cus I read something on the forum that a sleeve is needed. Maybe when used with tt spec ones??

Old ones are out, was just checking that the ID on the r32's are teh same 'cus I read something on the forum that a sleeve is needed. Maybe when used with tt spec ones??

Sleeves are needed when using normal Corrado bushes (ID is something near 14mm), the R32 ones have an ID of around 12mm, and the bolts are M12 so no sleeve needed when using R32's

that picture looks right to me.

as far as I remember there is clear air in the (3?) gaps in the standard VR6 bushes - think of it as a 3 spoke wheel, whereas the ones in your picture do have thicker and thinner moulded areas, but are still solid all the way round - ie. no "spokes".

hth

that picture looks right to me.

as far as I remember there is clear air in the (3?) gaps in the standard VR6 bushes - think of it as a 3 spoke wheel, whereas the ones in your picture do have thicker and thinner moulded areas, but are still solid all the way round - ie. no "spokes".

hth

There are 2 cut-outs in his picture, the R32 bush is solid

Right, went to VW to sort this out

The ones I have are 1JO 407 181 and do have gaps (don't appear too well on picture but trust me they are there) and are NOT R32 version.

The 8N0 407 181 B are R32 specific (and tt , seat ..) so I've asked for these to replace.

Unfortunately for me, they won't take the 1J0's back because I've had them so long (8months !) even though it was a mistake on VW's part. So will need to sell the 1JO's on.

Cheers for all you help guys

ok, maybe my old ones were just so worn that they had clear air gaps in them!

Well the original Corrado ones had bigger cut outs to the MK4 specific ones in the photo...

Well all the info is in this thread I need, so I will be on the phone later to my local dealer for a set of these :)