Sign in to follow this  
Rams

TIE ROD QUESTION PLEASE?

Hi,

Ive just had a new anti roll bar, bushes, track road end and drop link arms replaced....

The new tie road came with the ball joint, ordered from TPS, VW main dealer parts supplier.

It was slightly shorter in length but the adjustment has been done and tracked up with about 3 /4 turns left if that makes sense. Could my tie rod be the wrong ones or can 3 or 4 turns of thread be safe and ok?

Its all done and drove straight and felt good, no clunking, but its just for piece of mind. The mechanics said it should be fine but wanted the wealth of corrado forum members advise.

Cheers

Rams

ok, I called VW with tie rod part number and they have supplied the wrong ones. They have agred that I can keep them and try and sell them on ebay or something. So, I have a new set of complete tie rod ends which have been on the car for an evening. They are original VW parts and once they are off, they will be for sale. Part number 191 422 804 A

The only difference with these and the correct ones are the length.