Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

Toad alarm won't auto lock doors!

Hi guys - just signed up to this forum following the advice of Roddy Kennedy!

Got a new alarm fitted today - the Toad Ai606

Very happy except for the fact that the installer said he could not get the alarm to lock the doors on turning the ignition.

I have noticed too that on depressing the door pin on the drivers side the passenger door will not lock. However, on turning the ignition off after having locked the doors they will both open.

Is it really the case that with the Corrado you can't get the doors to lock on ignition or is my installer fobbing me off?

Any help would be much appreciated - even if it is to say that your doors do lock (anti-car jack) on ignition.

Thanks

Nick

'93 VR6

Having a chat to my alarm installer, he said the auto-closure/lock system on the C can be triggered by a single wire to the unit - this is how he wired up my Clifford alarm to be full closure too.

Surely this same method can be used when the ignition is turned? Your windows might close, and sunroof, though.

I assume the alarm locks the doors when arming?

Hi Andi

Thanks for that - yes the alarm locks the doors when arming and the full closure does too although I have had it installed so that the full closure doesn't happen automatically on arming. I can have the roof / windows open in the summer while it is armed and then depress another key for 3 secs if I want closure too.

Don't know if this is making it a prob.

Nick

Surely all thats needed is the ignition starter-position wired to the 'lock doors' wire mechanism of the C central locking?

Wouldn't need to go through the alarm at all.

Could that be a mod for someone to think up?

I'm gonna suggest this - we will see what he says tomorrow. I won't take no for an answer though - especially if people do have auto arming on theirs already.

Does your C lock both doors if you push the button down manually on the driver's side?

Nope, but then my driver's side button doesn't work - think its bent at the bottom or something. I'll take the door apart one day and inspect... :)

Does your C lock both doors if you push the button down manually on the driver's side?

Ive found that the switch at the bottom of the drivers side pin gets worn out or something. Try pushing the pin down a bit harder or loosen it of slightly then push it down and ill bet it locks both doors.

When I had my clifford fitted with the inteli start my alarm fitter couldn't get the alarm to lock the doors when the inteli start is activated it had something to do with the vacuum operated solenoids, it locks fine when the inteli start is not activated it's quite puzzling he tried all sorts of relays abd stuff to try and get it to work. Nick are you trying to get the doors to lock when the engine is running or just when the ignition is in the acc position?

i have a toad too. think its the same one. got four buttons on the remote two green two black a big set n a small.

miden doesn't lock the doors either. not sure on full closure either. my dad has the two button version on his mx5 n that does the locking thing. find it kind of annoying myself

Hi

Yes I am trying to get it to lock the doors on ignition so after starting the engine yes. I like that anti car jack feature, it is wierd because you can lock the doors manually and when you turn the ignition off they will auto UNlock....

Nick

hello nick i've got that alarm on my c and my doors don't lock ,I had a cheaper toad alarm on my last car, and they worked fine , Toad fitter told me that the anti jacking would not work on the corrado,

kevin

GUYS

I have solved it - because I am so stubborn! Everyone at the alarm place (even Toad) told me that there was no way around it but there is. The C has an inhibitor to not allow you to lock yourself in....

Snip the inhibitor wire and you are in business. So th anti car jack feature works or optional door locking from the button on the remote operates with ignition now :D

So if anyone else wants to be able to operate doors simultaneously - don't be told it can't be done - it is VERY easy!

Thanks

Nick

Yeah Nice spill the beans

I've got my C to Unlock the doors when the engine goes off as you can hear the locks go, but it still wont lock them in the first place. My blackjaxx system is mewnt to lock the C oversertain revs but it doesn't seem to work!!

I am not sure exactly what they did - the Installer (Sexton's in Wandsworth) told me after heaps of discussion that there is an inhibitor wire that runs from the ignition to stop you locking yourself in. We noticed that the alarm was clicking to lock the doors but something was stopping it. On cutting the wire the car was no longer preventing the alarm and both doors lock on ignition and unlock on turning off. Also I can now open and close the doors with the ignition on - which I couldn't do before. I am not sure which wire he cut but if this helps I found a portion of cut wire in the footwell of the drivers side and believe this is the only one he cut. It is dark green with a brown line. Not positive this is the right one though. Try calling Sextons (Wandsworth branch) 020 8877 1148. Phil was the name of the guy that snipped the wire.

http://www.sextons.co.uk/contact/londonmap.php3

Toad themselves told me it could not be done but I was stubborn thinking if it's to do with electronics then, yes it can! :lol: