Sign in to follow this  
nirvanna3

g60 smokes of unburnt fuel.

Hi. I have just swapped my old 1,8 g60 engine out to a another g60 i a better shape and with the stage 3 kit from bar-tek-tuning.de, and a brand new boost sensor. But my problem is, when i try to start it up after a day, its just drowns the spark plugs with fuel. And after I cleaned them up, and gives them some heat, and try starting it again. Its just starts perfect. But when idle, it smokes alot, my garage is filled up after 1min and you can stand staying in there. But when I have it raised up when i made the swap, it did´nt smoke like that. But now its just unbeliveble how its smokes. And I can figure what wrong. So I hope anyone of you guys or girls can help me in a direction to look for. But it is fuel problem or maybe ignition.?

sorry for the bad english I am from Denmark, so it is not perfect.

No the whole box, it's a fairly common issue with digifant cars - I'd try yours in another car if possible to confirm...

If you have a spare then make sure you check the engine and gearbox earths are good before trying it!

hmm. well that sucks. I have a spare one, but when I had it started with that it didnt idle very good. But I dont know if thats because of the cam shaft. But the numbers on the ecu are not the same, so what can I do to verify thats is the ecu that is fucked up.`?