Sign in to follow this  
steupton

NON starter

i have a 1.8 16v. over the last week ive noticed oil bein sucked up into the air intake and down onto the floor. NIIIIIICE

recently the car started to shudder slightly under hard accelleration. after that a few starting problems with the airbox puffing out smoke before starting. today the car started no problem then driving along all of a sudden the shudder started and wouldnt go away. the car just wouldnt accellerate when putting my foot down. sounded very bass'y bit like how a scooby would sound. then.........stalled. now the bloody thing wont start. ive searched for this problem on here and one person has it but there isnt any resolve. just wonderin if anyone elso has had this problem and knows how to corredt it.

sheers

steve

UPDATE: Just gone out to the car and checked a few pipes that arnt blocked. checked the plugs and theres oil in chamber 1. had a bloke out who tried to strt it and instantly said that my piston rings have gone. does this sound right?? cars not been working now for 3 days and it starting to piss me off. could someone please take the time out to try and help me.

cheers again

steve

inst this the same as your other thread???,

Try and do a compression test, also make sure the plugs are down up proberly, if nothing else check the timing.

Sean