Sign in to follow this  
blaarado

Erratic reving and backfiring (kr)

need some help, rado died on me the other day, started it back up and gave it a few revs and started reving very strangly and back firing and cuts out. It idles fine. I presume its electrical and am getting mixed diagnoses from people any help would be great as im having to drive the mothers mazda demio :p

i would start with checking the vac pipes then the distrubator cap and plug leads for splits or damp ,after that get timing checked if not that go over the fuel system .... hope that gives you some pointers....

i would start with checking the vac pipes then the distrubator cap and plug leads for splits or damp ,after that get timing checked if not that go over the fuel system .... hope that gives you some pointers....

cheers marty have checked distrubutar and vac pipes, But u mentioning plug leads has me thinking, I have my leads tucked down between the intake manifold so mabe theres some over heating on the leads going on,will have to remove manifold to check will keep ya posted

cheers marty have checked distrubutar and vac pipes, But u mentioning plug leads has me thinking, I have my leads tucked down between the intake manifold so mabe theres some over heating on the leads going on,will have to remove manifold to check will keep ya posted

Change of plan, have aquired crashed ibiza cupra r (happy days) it means ill have to drive the demio for a while longer but should be worth it. meself and a mate are going to tackle the actual lump imlant as for the electrics im sure ill be refering on here for enlighenment

Ooo nice! What sort of Cupra R? Is it one with Brembos? 8)

Didnt know they came with brembos,must check that. it does come with coilovers are these any good to me?

Well the 4-bolt Ibiza is loosely based on the mk2/3 platform so they might fit, but I don't know for sure. The 5-bolt one is probably different.

The Cupra R generally came with Brembos, whereas the plain Cupra didn't.

What year is it?