Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

alarm help, installation pdf included, plz help!!

wondering if you can help me, its regarding an avital 2100 alarm.

when i was working under my dash there was a wire that had broken off a relay dangling in front of the fuse box, it was this relay

DEI610T.jpg

the spade on the actual relay has sheard off, its the connector on the right of that picture under the 30. the only thing i can tell it has changed is that the car now locks itself about 5 seconds after i start the car. it didnt before.

i have found the manual online,

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ ... nstall.pdf

and its the relay on page 5, and also shows few other times within the manual.

What id like to ask if that if anyone who can read these diagrams can have a look for me and see what it means.

Does it mean that without that wire connected, the doors will lock after starting the car, and with it connected they wont lock?

I dont really understand it.

i can get another relay no problem, i was wondering what that wire actually did? and if my car is sercure without it connected?

Thanks if you can help.

Neil

from what i can gather your alarm uses this relay to show that a door has been opened and that it has been turned off (the alarm) and doesnt need to rearm itself. The pin 30 is a usually a power supply for pins 87/87a for these relays and is powered by the door opening but for some reason is reversed for your alarm so that the trigger (power) comes from 87/87a and not 30. Since the door doesnt put power through the relay, the alarm doesnt think its been opened and auto locks.

oh right, thank you for taking a look for me. as long as it just auto locks thats ok, some of my friends cars do that.

think ill get a relay when i get around to it.

cheers again.

The thing is though, if i am correct in my thinking it will not only auto lock but will also auto rearm...meaning the alarm could go off whilst you're driving...do you have an LED showing if it has been armed, if so when you're driving and it locks does it flash?

i havent seen it flash whilst im driving, its in a obvious place so i think i would notice it.

i think i should just get a new relay and put it back to how it was.

The 30A/40A SPDT 12vDC relay will do the trick, it tells you on page 5 of the manual

'Connect the H1/4 BLACK/WHITE wire to an optional relay for interior illumination (p/n 8617 or standard automotive SPDT relay)'