lion

20vt Corrado

Don't think about how much you've spent on it. Think about the final product instead. You own a corrado, that's what makes you turn around and have a look at it with a silly smile on your face everytime you park it :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty:

Don't think about how much you've spent on it. Think about the final product instead. You own a corrado, that's what makes you turn around and have a look at it with a silly smile on your face everytime you park it :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty:

I couldn't have summed up owning a corrado better than what you just said :D :salute:

I couldn't have summed up owning a corrado better than what you just said :D :salute:

:grin: :salute: :salute:

Had my jetex system fitted today, so much quieter, not had any time to drive it today and weather sh*t for pics, but it's another thing on the list I can knock off :D

Legend. :notworthy:

Keep the Helios, for once it is actually one of those 'rare' colours for a Corrado. Nice to see it with a nice interior too :wink:

Carry on dude. :salute:

given car back to mate today, getting battery moved to boot, now the bay will look a lot cleaner.. things are moving a lot quicker now than they have been over last few months,

had a little drive and the exaust is 100times better, can feel a difference in power.

next on list is double head gasket on the new engine, look for the turbo cos mine is useless and find an inercooler :) maybe i'll treat the rado to a few more things for mas

why not getting low comp pistons? double head gaskets are a good choice but going low comp pistons is said to be more reliable. I'd deffo go this route just to make sure the engine lasts longer ;)

I'm not 100% what I'm doin tbh, getting advice off mates 1 built his abf supercharge on e38(n7ndo) and my neighbor who built his 1.8 20vt both mk2s.. They told me to double head gasket it, but I'll ask about doing the pistons and see what they say

why not getting low comp pistons? double head gaskets are a good choice but going low comp pistons is said to be more reliable. I'd deffo go this route just to make sure the engine lasts longer ;)

I asked about the pistons, all comes down to price, I should still get a fair use of the engine and get the power I'd like

evo 6 intercooler ordered and ihi turbo off a Subaru should be here for Xmas :)

as soon as lap tops back from repair I'll FINALLY update a few pics

I asked about the pistons, all comes down to price, I should still get a fair use of the engine and get the power I'd like

evo 6 intercooler ordered and ihi turbo off a Subaru should be here for Xmas :)

as soon as lap tops back from repair I'll FINALLY update a few pics

:clap:

so then the moment will come that I'll retrofit a climatronic to your corrado, and you will turbo mine, eh? :grin: :lol:

pics awaiting :salute:

Haha if only, would love the air con...... But the elecrical problems this car is giving me is gettin on nerves, wouldn't start last night, been eyein up a blackberry rado, new plan might be to transfer everything to the better base model.

DSC02215.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

just a pic of the relocated battery,

deposit down on the blackberry, so will transfer everything over to that in new year... might keep blackberry off road until conversion complete and use this as my daily then break it for a few bits

Ok finally picked up the blackberry new years eve,

M reg, 114,000miles, 2.0 9a 16v

body is clean with no rust at all, so happy with that, but has had a dodge respray in some places

also a cat D because someone stole its leather interior but been replaced with decent grey cloth and plastic trim bits

had a few bits all ready done, passat/seat moon roof, passat delocked handles, decent g60 alloys, but the tints will be going or getting very light tints instead, also cars been lowered on coilovers, not sure make yet but very good ride and decent handling

a few pics after a wash and wax:

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

DSC02242.jpg

DSC02244.jpg

My plan of keeping this off the road and turboing this while using the blue one as a daily failed, electric problems got to much and lost love for it, so the G reg now my doner car :(

i still have my 2.0abf at mates garage, so that will soon get worked on, colour code a few bits and clean out the blackberry bay before dropping in the new ihi turbo'd engine.... still a long way off

but plans for end of the month is to put my g60 brakes on from the blue one, put my leathers and black carpet and trim bits in, and put on the inpro headlights.. thats it for now should keep me amused for a while :grin:

nice replacement, quick one, did u fit the turbo to the old engine, or is that an inlet manifold with an induction kit ?

It's just the inlet and induction kit at the moment, turbo will be going on the newest engine that's gettin worked on at mates

small update from week off, interior swapped, got rid of gray carpets and trims, got leathers in, no more rattles, everythings fit perfect

DSC02272.jpg

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

and while the speaker supports were off, fitted this...

DSC02276.jpg

tax and mot to do this month, so engine work moved back..again...

Edited by lion

wow 11 months since last read through this, since january lost my job so project stopped, now got new job and work van so the rado can get worked on again.

so far all powerflex bushes re fitted, jetex fitted, battery relocated, ordering the weitechs soon and will hopefully have them fitted with some new d90s by christmas.

After having the blackberry for a year now, finally getting the engine out, and getting ready for the bay to be tidyed up and sprayed, recently got the D90s back on and fitted some porsche seats, pics up later

Weitechs also been fitted

Looking forward to this one Lion. I also have a 2.0 16v turbo. Nando also did some work on mine and has been mapped on megasquirt by Tim. I've got a build thread (turbo conversion started in 2006 and only just back on the road recently) but need to update photos.

Is yours the silver rado... sounded nice and he took me for a drive in it, how's yours running now

Edited by lion

Is yours the silver rado... sounded nice and he tool me for a drive in it, how's yours running now

Yep - that's the one. Its running well, but the rear beam is bent so the handling is skittish to say the least. The engine does pull well though, so thumbs up to this conversion from me and the work Nando and Tim did in finishing it off for me.

Andy, which ones do you have? Might be interested in buying them if that ok with Lion?

Looks really superb on those D90s, btw.