Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

ignition + starting the car

just wondered if this happens to anyone else?

When i put the key into the ignition and turn the ignition on, the radio comes on, then when i turn the key once more to start the car, the radio and dash lights and head lights go off whilst the car is starting then come back on.

Also my car auto locks about 3-5 seconds after the ignition is on. if i then go to turn the key to start the car, the doors unlock, as if i have turned the ignition off whilst the car is starting?

Its always happended since ive owned the car, just wondering if this was normal?

thanks for any help.

When i put the key into the ignition and turn the ignition on, the radio comes on, then when i turn the key once more to start the car, the radio and dash lights and head lights go off whilst the car is starting then come back on.

Normal

Not sure on the autolock part but thats prob to do with your alarm mate

just wondered if this happens to anyone else?

Also my car auto locks about 3-5 seconds after the ignition is on. if i then go to turn the key to start the car, the doors unlock, as if i have turned the ignition off whilst the car is starting?

Its always happended since ive owned the car, just wondering if this was normal?

thanks for any help.

Me again! Lol. Thats normal for the ignition, mine does the same, the stereo is wired to turn on when you put the key into the ignition (without turning it) When you start the car everything turns off, this might have something to do with the starter motor using all the power from the battery to start then car (possibly a safety circuit to not short anything or drain the battery too much with everthing running at the same time), then once its started (or you remove the key from the starter position) the system feeds back to the battery/altenator...(then again i could be wrong, this is just a hypothesis)

Its the same on my Xsara too...

And the autolock, well we discussed that...it unlocks because the alarm ECU recognises that the car is started and the alarm needs to be turned off