Sign in to follow this  
carrots

unipart tune up

hi has anyone used unipart tune up.you add it to the oil and its supposed to free the tappets and stop um ticking.mine ticks untill it starts to get warm.its a 1.8 16v kr :?

Have to say, I've never been into the oil additives thing. However. My daily suffers from HORRENDOUS tappet noise.. but as it's a daily never bothered to spend the money on getting it sorted, and with it destined for the scrapper now, I never will. However when I last had it serviced, Graham at DG threw in a bottle of Forte 'Top End Treatment'. Didn't do anything for the first few months but in the last few weeks it's just gone totally silent and the engine now purrs along like I've never heard it before.

It honestly could just be sheer coincidence, but given that it's my only experience with this kind of additive and that it does seem to have done something, it's hard not to say it must have worked!

ive sort of changed the oil andy,its was pi-ssing out the oil switch when i got the car,so i changed the switch and topped the oil up,which is still nice and clean i used 10w 40w semi syn.i put k tec in when i 1st got the car but that didnt do a thing.maybee its me being to fussy and i should live with the tappet noise