Sign in to follow this  
iMation

gearbox oil plug

do you mean timing inspection hole for the flywheel or the 17mm hex plug on the side and bottom of the box, don't put gearbox oil down the inspection hole! :shock:

yeah sry i ment inspection hole on the top, next to the block, its like the rubber grommet doesnt even fit properly

nope i havent poured any oil in there, just noticed its loose as hell at work.

im trying to find an oil leak but tbh it looks like it is coming from the rocker cover

nope i havent poured any oil in there, just noticed its loose as hell at work.

im trying to find an oil leak but tbh it looks like it is coming from the rocker cover

it usually does.

there is quite a substantial dribble coming from the right hand side of the rocker gasket, where there is a half moon shaped bit, fucking thing

yep, the usual...

even a brand new seal doesn't always cure it, sometimes some gasket sealant or silicone can help,, but they are buggers, a new one should be better, but make sure you get a new inlet manifold gasket too as the old one will probably break up when you take the inlet off to get at the cam cover.

yeah gonna fit the new one with sealant, the one thazts leaking is brand new, replaced do to spraying rocker cover lol

oh how i regret it now

tbh, when fitting the gasket its one of those things you really cant afford to rush. I did when i fitted my rocker cover and it leaked from day 1 with a new gasket. Repalced it using instant gasket both sides and seating it properly with another fresh gasket. Then tightened up the bolts opposite sides to ensure even pressure and it is as dry as a bone. Took me a fair bit longer though, but its right at least. If your gasket hasnt been deformed or cut, just clean it up seal the lower haed face, lay the gasket, fit is properly so you're happy with it and all the bolt holes are lined up. Apply some sealant to the rocker cover cover, let it get tacky then carefully seat it and press firmly. Then tighten the nuts evenly. And enjoy leak-free driving :wink:

just ordered a new inspection plug

as for the rocker cover

yeah i took my time with it, cleaned it up with a bit of acetone, bought new gasket, got some sealant, worked a treat, no more leaking lol, awsome.