Sign in to follow this  
filski

Rado cut out :(

so, for the last few days when driving along the power cuts out and the engine slows..if i push the accelerator pedal and give it a rev it will jerk and pick up speed again but randomly cut out a bit later. for those who ride a bike it's like reaching the end of the tank and needing to switch to reserve whilst going along. it feels like a fuel problem as it does it at any speed or gear. could it be a failing fuel pump or blocked filter?? as it's an auto, it sometimes clears when i put it into neutral, give it a boot to rev it high and then put back into gear to keep driving..

idle speeds seem fine, and there seems to be no indication when it will happen..on slow town roads or motor ways the same thing.

not got a VAG set up but could try to find one locally - but would this show up if a pump error? the fuel lines seem fine, no leaks or snags??

took to local garage but obvio it was behaving itself then and so the guy couldn't see anything wrong? anyone had this happen or similar?

thanks for any help..

Filski.

could be a few things - ecu relay, blocked/clogged fuel filter (although you would feel this with generally poor acceleration), fuel pump relay playing up. Both relays are about a tenner from the dealer. I dont think the fuel pump will show up on VAGCOM.

hhmmm yes..i have had relay problems when going to start a few times and noticed the blower/lights wouldn't come on. took panel off to get at relays and when i fiddled with the relay for these they suddenly came on so maybe a loose connection. i'll have a look see.

the recent fuel problem cuts in and out instantly so feels more like a dodgy (electrical) connection somewhere..acceleration seems fine under normal driving.

ill try to replace the relays and see if that fixes things..

thanks for your help. :)