VR6

Bad Salesman & Bad Buyer Thread

After a couple of requests, I'm starting a bad salesman/buyer thread to run alongside the good salesman thread.

This is not a witch-hunt; it's intended purpose is to settle any disputes, or alternatively warn members about people who are genuinely bad people to deal with.

If you are going to comment in this thread, please carefully consider what you are saying. Back-up your comments with evidence - the thread that the item was for sale in, quotes from correspondence etc. If you not sure on how to present your side of the story, feel free to pm or email me and I'd be happy to assist.

Please feel free to include links to other sites/people's email addresses where the person is a proven bad person to deal with ie the recent one from the PVW site.

As this can be quite a touchy subject, this thread may get locked, only to be updated by mods. For now, we'll see how it goes.

didnt want to be the first person to use this thread but heres my story :-

I posted up a while ago that I wanted late style clocks (http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6434).

I got a pm from "bigpants baby" stating he was breaking a vr6 and had late style clocks he would sell to me. It would take him ages to answer back (which I don’t mind as I can understand people only check their emails once a day, or don’t have internet access all the time etc) but we got agreed a price of £52 for the clocks delivered and he confirmed they would be mine.

With that my mates 16v abs sensors had gone in the front so I asked him about abs sensors as well and again took ages to get any answer out of him, (this is over a three week period)

I then emailed to chase him for both items on Monday 26th night and he pm's me back saying sorry sold the clocks and nothing else. I pmed him back with my disappointment and still haven’t had any answers or apology or anything.

I was fuming as it had taken me ages to get any information out of him and worse was that he wasted my time in which I could have bid on ebay for the same style of clocks and then he sells them to someone else with out considering the original buyer!!!

Sorry but Im a old skool guy where word of mouth means a lot to me and cant stand when people go back on their words, so just a heads up of my experience with the person.

shame,i have a good feed back of 102 (with only 1 minus in the last 12 mths) on e bay,thats where ill stick to sellin me goods then,good luck with your hunt for dials tho chap

**UPDATE**

Feedback now 1062

Hi there,

Im not jumping on the bandwagon, but doing the opposite actually!

I have dealt with "bigpantsbaby' through buying parts off the VR6 that he was breaking.

Although Carl was pretty difficult to get hold of initially, after phone contact was made with him, & after a bit of bargaining over price, he was very helpful and even drove halfway across the country to meet me to collect the bits I needed off him. He's also done me a big favour recently after the first sale went through so smoothly, which has gotta count for something.

It wasnt the easiest transaction, and took a couple of calls, which I put down to the delivery difficulties we had for the parts themselves (he's in bristol, im on the Wirral near Chester) But, with some persistence, we got there in the end, and he was very helpful throughout, whilst keeping his own interest in mind aswell to get a reasonable amount for the bits he was selling.

One thing is for sure, Carl is a genuine guy and a good trader, and I cant speak any higher of him than I already have. The dealings I have had with him have been spot on, and although i cant speak for anyone else's dealings with him, I myself would be happy to deal with him in the future.

D.

8)

sorry but like i said in my side of the story is that i got messed about and then to be told sorry ive sold them off to someone else after arranging shipping and final costs with no sorry or explanation, well i dont like it and i find it to be very rude in my opinion and i see my point has been missed out all together.

why did you not sell me the clocks and why did you not tell me they had gone instead of me chasing you up to find out????

this is a two sided story so whats urs???

I've been trying to get in touch with Steve Bishop who was breaking a G60 end of last year/ last month, he'd promised me a couple of bits which he said I could collect once he'd returned from his hols, but since the 31st Jan (when he said he'd return)

I've made several attempts to contact him via e-mail & Pm's & no joy :( its not like Bish, I knew him from the days he broke Fords, does anyone have a contact number for him?

I remeber him mentioning a couple of other forum users were meeting him to collect parts etc, another person was getting an exhaust from the car he'd broke & had said he would meet him too on his return?

If its anyone here please let me no if you'be had any contact from him..

all contact I've made was via PM & e-mail..

Cheers..

HHHHeeeeellllo .... i'm back at last...

Just before the middle of January, 2 days before my holiday,I lost everything to a mega virus infected PC, which has just been rebuilt after something called a unconditional format..whatever that may be.. I gave up with it after 3 weeks of farting about.., I think i deleted the virus checker by mistake and let all kinds of rubbish into it..

I have just found the website again as all of my saved details were deleted and all stored email addresses wiped off.. and I kept looking for the site under Corrado on google but my list didnt bring this site up ? :( (i havent got a clue about PC's apart from switching on and off :shock: )..

Bally you have PM mate!!! :D, I did get to meet the other people as they were at the place in middlesex the night i said i'd go up and meet them.

Glad to be back at last... just didnt think i'd be here though !!!! :( :(

Searching for 'Corrado Forum' is generally more sucessful - we're ranked #2 at the moment.

Welcome back m8.

That grey wing mirror has finally been put on my car. Looks like new - and its blackberry now ;)

Aahh I see, thanks for that, I was getting worried seeing that the Edition 38 site was down aswell., that my Pc has caused a worldwide VW site meltdown :D :D

Glad to hear the mirror is sorted, i was beginning to get a complex with all the parts I had sold and all the people i had met, and never seeing my name anywhere :shock:

Now i know wha people feel lke when they get in touch with me some times,wow what a total waster,you tell him you have the goods and............

Hello phat vr6 r u there?hello,hello? nothing!?

I sell computers for a living and as I've sold the sum total of Fxck All for the last 6 months, I'm holding myself up as an example of someone you should NOT buy anything from.

Have to state my displeasure at my dealings with Matty123

I ordered a window mechanism from him 2 and a half months ago. It never turned up - apparantly lost in the post.

I asked him for a part refund (say 50%) of the amount i paid him.

He said he would send me a cheque (twice he agreed to do this) but this has not turned up either.

So finally after almost 3 months i have decided to leave this negative feeback just as a warning to others - im not saying DO NOT deal with him, but you may want to be wary.

Have to state my displeasure at my dealings with nickveedub

I ordered a lupo wipers from him lost count now, but it was a long time ago. It never turned up - apparantly lost in the post.

I asked him for a part refund (say more than 50%) of the amount i paid him.

He said he would send me a cheque (more than twice he agreed to do this) but this has not turned up either.

So finally after almost god knows how many months i have decided to leave this negative feeback just as a warning to others - im AM saying DO NOT deal with him, be wary.

here's the story

a whoile ago, he posted he was selling lupo wiper in the partsfor sale section (thread deleted now), someone posted they were the same price new....

As it is, i had already phoned the guy and aggreed to buy them, i figured, better than waitin ages for VW to get me them.

so we swapped address' and i sent off a cheque. i phoned to make sure he got it. he did. he cashed it. i waited.

and waited......

phoned himback, "sorry, i've been really busy with stuff, ill do it first thing tomorrow.........."

i waited... and waited...

phoned him.. again.....

"oh, i just sent them this morning,recorded delivery... sorry about that"

i thought, maybe they guy is genuinely busy, and thought, what the hell, i'll get them, he is a forum user (albeit with only 15 posts in how long?back then i think it was 7! )

i waited.. for a while. phoned him. again.

"what do you mean you dont have them yet? I DID send them"

i didnt doubt that tho.... just wondered where thay are, cause i didnt have them.... :roll:

he said he'd go to the post office and find out, get back to me.

i waited, for a week.. again......

phoned him back...

"oh glad you phoned me, i lost your number, they said they've been sent, so do you have them??"

erm no.....

"oh, well i DID send them, so they must be lost. sorry."

well can you tell them to find them... ?

me thinking recorded delivery is traced.....

"ill try" he says

so i phone back later agin, wheres my bloody wipers

"they cant trace them, they're lost, its not my fault"

yeah, cause its mine... :roll:

he then started not answering my calls (by just hanging up on me) and the only way i could get through, eventually, is by text....

he accused ME of lying, having the wipers and wanting all my money back, even though by this point i hadnt accused him of stealing anything from me.

he eventually came to the idea after id been hounding him and hounding him, that i didnt have the bloody things, but he said it wasnt fair on him to give me money back, cause then he'd lose out... (is it me, or is it HIS bloody responsibility to get them to me in the first place... so why should i lose out?) i told him to put himself in my place, how he would feel.

he seemed he was being generous offering me half my money back, i said thanks but, can wemake it a lil more, cause VW have actually dropped the price of the wipers, thus, ill still get a new set, and loose money. he told me whatever, give me his address (shouldnt he of already had this....?) and he'll send me a cheque.....

i waited and waited, tried getting in touch again, "ill send it today, tomorrow, after work etc..." each excuse was as pathetic as the one before.

so im still waiting.

i shelled out money, that wass the same price as going direct to VW to nickveedub. biggest regret i have in terms of buying anything over the net.

they guys a pest. DON'T TRUST HIM.

I always try get insurance on the parcel being sent or offer money back straight away if the item is lost or damaged,... if its lost in the post when ive sent a part I see it as my problem not the buyers if it goes wrong ?? maybe thats why Im skint :D

Ok, finally have to put someone up here. Have tried countless times to get in contact with J a m e s from here regarding an air-box for a G60 which I bought from him a couple of months ago. Got something back saying that the cheque had been lost but he'd send it anyway which was nice of him. Untill I told my sister (who wrote the cheque) told me that the money had come off her account. I've still heard nothing from him saying if he's posted it or not (obvoiusly not) and while I appreciate that not everyone can get on the forum on a weekly basis, it's been over a month since I sent my last message to him. I hope there is a logical explanation for the dissappearence of my money and my air-box as my dealings so far on the forum have went without a hitch and everyone I have dealt with has sent me goods either when the cheque clears or as soon as the cheque arrive and vice-versa for myself. I like to think that we are a trustworthy bunch as we share a common interest. If you are out there J a m e s.... please tell me if I'll ever see this air-box. Cheers

hi mate, sorry for the lack of contact.

i have the airbox still and will post it tomorrow, regarding the cheque

could you tell what account it was paid into? as i lost it in town.

James.

my mobile is 07736 84 84 94 if you wanna get hold of me.

Have to state my displeasure at my dealings with Matty123

I ordered a window mechanism from him 2 and a half months ago. It never turned up - apparantly lost in the post.

I asked him for a part refund (say 50%) of the amount i paid him.

He said he would send me a cheque (twice he agreed to do this) but this has not turned up either.

So finally after almost 3 months i have decided to leave this negative feeback just as a warning to others - im not saying DO NOT deal with him, but you may want to be wary.

Unfortunately it would appear that the rear lights that I ordered from Matty123 have been lost in the post also.

I have spoken to the guy several times - tells me he is claiming compensation from the Post office, but I'm still waiting...

My only advice to anyone would be to meet this guy face to face and only pay for the goods once you have them in your hands.

Ok, we all share a common interest in here, but some people seem to be very unlucky with parcel post, be wary..

Last w end I was stopped in the street by a lady, offering me a straight swap

for her Hyundai coupe 98, low miles, mint etc. We disscussed Cs, and she described

how her C got totalled. (90 in a 30 zone!) She asked me where I got mine from,

to which i answered, a dealer in Burton-on-trent. She was suprised

, but admitted her C also came from there. I told her I paid 7K cash

for a low mile car that was apparently "as sweet as a nut", later I explained that

I spent to date over 3K in two years keeping the C on the road. My C had sat in a garage

for a year, doing only 1000 miles the yearbefore I bought it.

As a dealer in Cs and professional mechanic, Chris at Facelifts should by

experience known that leaving cars standing is not good for them. He said he

had checked everything. later when my radiator began to bleed, I noticed

that the radiator had been messed with, as one of the nuts was missing at the top

of the radiatorwhere the radiator is fixed to the bonnet. It was clear to even an amateur

like myself. How had a C dealer missed this common C fault?

My car I found out later, was in Autotrader, a year before I bought it for 4900 quid. No one had bought it

at 43000 miles. Iit had sat for a year, and I bought it for 7000 quid cash at 44000 miles. Hmmm was i shafted?

The lady with the Hyundai said that Chris had done a good job on her, as she had been pressured into

a quick sale for yet again an over valued car. She paid 5500 for a 4000 car.

I have two concerns here: chronic inflation on cars that need 3K spending on them. :evil:

I should have bought a rough VR6 for a low price, and spent the 3K on it. :(

I know that Buyer Beware is the reality, but I was ripped off.

Hi all,

Didn't want to have to resort to this but I have no choice. After posting a thread in the WANTED section for a G60 plastic boost pipe around the 14th of January I was contacted by forum member shawnsg60 on the 18th of January stating that he had one if I required it.

I PM'ed him back immediately and sent payment by cheque on the 22nd of January. This cheque arrived with him on the 24th of Jan and would have cleared by the 28th. However, he texted me to say he had not put the cheque in till the 28th resulting in it not being cleared till the 3rd February, fair enough, give the guy the benefit of the doubt I thought. I contacted him a couple of days later by text, telephone, email and PM to ask if he had posted the item but he never responded to any of these mediums.

I then contacted him on a daily basis, sometime up to 3 or 4 times a day up until today when I gave him an ultimatum, to contact me and let me know what was going on by 10 pm or I would report him as a bad salesman to the forum, which is what I am doing now.

I have paid for this item, the cheque has cleared his account and mine, and I have still not received the item. I have been polite up until today when I gave him the ultimatum. I have been perfectly reasonable and am REALLY p155ed off about this as I really need this part to complete a project.

It's a disgrace that this forum member has not made the effort to contact me any any form when I have given him plently of opprtunities to do so. I now have to source another boost pipe AND am left with being out of pocket by this complete and utter pr***.

Shawnsg60, you are a disgrace to the VW community you seem to think you are part of, when you are nothing more than a common thief. You are lucky, as I am quite within my rights to get the police involved in this matter. And remember this, I have LOTS of contacts located all over the UK and I know your address. You had also better hope you don't run into me at any shows this year "mate" :twisted:

Just thought other forum members should know about this and take note of this total g**p's username so they can avoid.

Regards,

BigEastSideVWG60

Hi all,

Didn't want to have to resort to this but I have no choice. After posting a thread in the WANTED section for a G60 plastic boost pipe around the 1-th of January I was contacted by forum member shawnsg60 on the 18th of January stating thathe had one if I required it.

I PM'ed him back immediately and sent payment by cheque on the 22nd of January. This cheque arrived with him on the 24th of Jan and would have cleared by the 28th. However, he texted me to say he had not put the cheque in till the 28th resulting in it not being cleared till the 3rd February, fair enough, give the guy the benefit of the doubt I thought. I contacted him a couple of days later by text, telephone, email and PM to ask if he had posted the item but he never responded to any of these mediums.

I then contacted him on a daily basis, sometime up to 3 or 4 times a day up until today when I gave him an ultimatum, to contact me and let me know what was going on or I would report him as a bad salesman to the forum, which is what I am doing now.

I have paid for this item, the cheque has cleared his account and mine, and I havestill not recived the item. I have been polite up until today when I gave him the ultimatum. I have been perfectly reasonable and am REALLY p155ed off about this as I really need this part to complete a project #Mad

It's a disgrace that this forum member has not made the effort to contact me any any form when I have given him plently of opprtunities to do so. I now have to source another boost pipe AND am left with being out of pocket by this complete joker. Just thought other forum members should know about this,

Regards,

BigEastSideVWG60

Sadly you have become another example... I would NEVER pay for something by cheque, trusting that once the cheque had been cleared I would recieve my goods. Maye thats me being to sceptical, but as we know, some people out there are thiefs.

Unlucky mate :(

Well,

other than sending cash by registered post or paying by PayPal, Postal Order or other money trasfer facility you are stuck, and anyway's, which ever payment method you use you are ALWAYS going to to have to TRUST the seller of the item you have bought to send the item when they have received your payment. What other choice do we all have ?

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Talk to your bank.

Cheques officially never completely clear. You can withdraw the money at least over a month since its gone in.....

Hi all,

Didn't want to have to resort to this but I have no choice. After posting a thread in the WANTED section for a G60 plastic boost pipe around the 14th of January I was contacted by forum member shawnsg60 on the 18th of January stating that he had one if I required it.

I then contacted him on a daily basis, sometime up to 3 or 4 times a day up until today when I gave him an ultimatum, to contact me and let me know what was going on by 10 pm or I would report him as a bad salesman to the forum, which is what I am doing now.

I have paid for this item, the cheque has cleared his account and mine, and I have still not received the item. I have been polite up until today when I gave him the ultimatum. I have been perfectly reasonable and am REALLY p155ed off about this as I really need this part to complete a project.

It's a disgrace that this forum member has not made the effort to contact me any any form when I have given him plently of opprtunities to do so. I now have to source another boost pipe AND am left with being out of pocket by this complete and utter pr***.

Shawnsg60, you are a disgrace to the VW community you seem to think you are part of, when you are nothing more than a common thief. You are lucky, as I am quite within my rights to get the police involved in this matter. And remember this, I have LOTS of contacts located all over the UK and I know your address. You had also better hope you don't run into me at any shows this year "mate" :twisted:

Just thought other forum members should know about this and take note of this total g**p's username so they can avoid.

Regards,

BigEastSideVWG60

Umm, it's not me! I'm SHAUNG60 of West Sussex rather than SHAWNSG60 of Cheshire. Please don't confuse us. Damn, I'll have to change my username now.