Sign in to follow this  
simo79

fuel tank support straps

Hi

just bought my first carrado and now embarking on the journey of preserving this amazing machine. Was wondering if that 100 quid owners workshop book is the only one out there.

And if anyone knows where i can get fuel tank support straps from?

Cheers

simon

Hi and welcome aboard!

The Bentley manual is pretty much the only one really worth having.. the only problem is that it's for US specific models only and also consequently everything is set for left hand drive! Still very useful though :)

Fuel tank support straps... not sure if these are still available from VW. Next best thing is to get a set off a car being broken really and get them cleaned / powder coated... should last you a good long while then :)

Hi and welcome aboard!

The Bentley manual is pretty much the only one really worth having.. the only problem is that it's for US specific models only and also consequently everything is set for left hand drive! Still very useful though :)

Fuel tank support straps... not sure if these are still available from VW. Next best thing is to get a set off a car being broken really and get them cleaned / powder coated... should last you a good long while then :)

If you have a 55 litre or 12 gallon tank the straps are still available new, if you have the later 70 litre 15 gallon tank then you can only get 1 out of the 3 straps.

cheer guys much appreciated.

You were right i could only get on strap for the biggy tank.

Just as a plus, or minus note, god dam VW parts are chargeing £40 for just one lupo arm, and 15 for the blades, plus vat.

So for two with blades thats over a 100 quid, not nice..

once again thanks for the info

Yeah - sadly they caught on to the Lupo wipers thing VERY quickly and hiked the prices right up. When I first got them, when some folks on here had discovered how much of an upgrade they were, they cost something silly like £35 all in.

The guy at my VW parts desk said that Subaru owners were also buying them in their droves?!