Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

VVT Attack

There definitely has been some improvements of that magnitude from a turbo R32, along with the mentioned 1000rpm reduction in spool up, but that much more power/torque from the nasp version I am a little sceptical of.

But as with all these serial port laptop boys, they're not going to tell you you're only going to get 10-15hp for your £450 :wink:

If you consider VW found a whopping 14hp by doing the same thing themselves when upgrading the ECU on the late MK4 and MK5, I find it hard to believe they would just leave a further 40hp just sat around in there unused. The Golf R32 had no competitor within the VW line up at the time, so I don't see it myself.

But you know me mate, I'm always sceptical until proven wrong :wink:

Read a bit more on that forum link and JBS say they're seeing ~280hp, which is what Vince's R32 remaps give aswell, sounds about right then.

I thought they were claiming 300hp from just the VVT and timing tweaks, which is definitely a little optimistic!

Read a bit more on that forum link and JBS say they're seeing ~280hp, which is what Vince's R32 remaps give aswell, sounds about right then.

I thought they were claiming 300hp from just the VVT and timing tweaks, which is definitely a little optimistic!

Yeah I thought that too but they say in the thread a little later on that you'd need a lot more hardware to make 300bhp. So really it's just a good map because mine's making 278bhp with a 'borrowed' remap from Vince! Although I won't mention my torque :ignore: :lol:

Your car isn't running a Cat though is it Rob?

Correct, it's running 6-branch, de-cat and (a badly knocking) Miltek cat back.