Sign in to follow this  
twofourten

Induction kit question?

I'm looking at a kit for G60 and have been informed that cotton filters are best for supercharged engines therefore I'm looking at a Green induction kit. My problem is that they do 2 types:

Single Cone costing approx. £70 & giving 2-4 BHP increase

or

Dynatwist System (XL) costing approx. £214 & giving 6-8 BHP increase

Has anyone fitted either of these & does anyone know if the vastly more expensive Dynatwist system is worth the extra cash?

Paper filters are said to be better for G60s as they trap smaller particles. Where as cotton filters allow smaller particles through and into your SC :?

Sorry had no experience with either of those filters. But you can get a single cone filter with a heat shield. G-werks may sell them.

Sorry i cant help more.

That does look great, but a little pricy maybe...

Green, Jetex, Pipercross, Powertec, K&N - I'm well confused now... I can see info on VR6 & 20v threads, but nothing for G60 - a little help please someone?

Paper filters are said to be better for G60s as they trap smaller particles. Where as cotton filters allow smaller particles through and into your SC :?

Yep. You only have to hold a cotton filter up to a light to see that :D

I've used every filter imaginable on my VR6 T and the best so far is the stock airbox with paper filter.

I'd get that SWG twin cone thing, with paper filter, if I had a G60.

yep, and less filtration means a nice grinding paste when it mixes with oil in the charger, not what you want.

Have to say, I've only ever heard the same for the G60... the original paper filter is the best / safest. Sure you lose out in terms of NOISE but to be honest it's a small price to pay to save your G-Lader...

BRILLIANT - Thanks very much for he input guys, it's a great help & really appreciated...

I have opted for a BBM Howitzer Intake System w/adapter for stock G60 chargers at the moment due to price & time restraints, but if more contract work comes through i'll do the SWG option