Sign in to follow this  
craigowl

Having to replace original brakes/exhaust.

Car will be 15 years old in June.

Have had some trouble with brake binding and scorching hot discs. Also, blowing exhaust at joint.

Rear discs, bearings and pads replaced by local garage last week. (£263, including VAT & labour)

This week will have callipers replaced all round - they are originals! Bleed nipples all seized and lots of corrosion, so I have to go for it. Estimated cost to be £375.

Dont tell me it is easy and I can do it myself ! :brickwall: - there comes a time when the prospect of crawling under a car and getting rust in your eyes, skinned knuckles, etc, becomes a no, no! :lol:

That's a pretty good pricer but I would try and get hold of the new ones before they are fitted and give them a coat of paint...

The other option is to get your existing ones to somewhere like Big Red for a refurb but I'd say new exchange ones are the way to go if they are that old.

Probably best to get a set of goodridge braided hoses while you're at it.

Thanks, S'charged. Fully agree about the Goodridge steel hoses - got them several years ago!

Our local garage has "VAG trained technicians" who came here when the VAG dealer in Grangemouth went over to Honda.

Labour is a competitive £40 plus VAT/hour.

http://www.hunterslinlithgow.co.uk/